$299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is awesome... This site is awesome. I just called and got the $299 deal plus 49 for the off-air, to be delivered Thursday.

Thank you all. This site continues to provide great information while keeping a little money in my pocket.

My install was for today and then I get the call, lol, We don't have any HD Tivos , there saying there is shortage on them . So I call D and was told that in my area now they have no new orders till after september 5 because of not enough HD DVRs

Something I Haven't Seen...

Ok guys, I have the DTivo R10 and this deal is VERY nice. Before I jump on the phones I'm wondering what will happen to those of us who have 2 dish setups? I have one for my locals off of Sat 61 or something close to that direction. My normal stuff comes off of Sat 119 is it? That or Sat 110? Either way, sorry I just don't remember.

But still, this new dish is a 3 LNB dish right? I currently have 4 lines running from my two dishes, 2 lines for each dish's LNB, going to my switch for the R10 Tivo and a separate D10 in another room. Aside from the cables leaving the switch, are the 4 lines from the two dishes I have enough to work with this new dish for the HD programming AND keep my locals?

I hope I didn't lose anyone in explaining that. Just haven't found anyone mentioning it specifically and could really use the help.
User0101

ZINWELL 6x8 MULTISWITCH FOR DIRECTV SAM-6802

I believe I found my solution. With this switch I can tie in the 3 LNB dish for HD service as well as a separate dish at Sat 72.5 for my locals. I'm getting there, yeah!

LOBO2999 said:
My install was for today and then I get the call, lol, We don't have any HD Tivos , there saying there is shortage on them . So I call D and was told that in my area now they have no new orders till after september 5 because of not enough HD DVRs

Lol! I was just coming here to post the same thing! My installer called today to tell me they were completely out of HD-Tivo's. He seemed pretty confused as to why he sold them all within the last week ;). I was majorly bummed that I wasn't getting it today but he said he has 15 coming from Denver and they'll be here tomorrow. My new install date is this Thursday.

It looks like Satelliteguys.us is now causing a natinwide shortage of HD-Tivo's :D .

LOBO2999 said:

Crap! My install is for Thursday, I sure hope they have enough in South Georgia!! ;)

~Alan<~~~~~~~~Who has never seen an HD-TiVo!!

Does anyone know how long this deal will last? I'm a little low on extra cash right now but I'd hate to miss this sort of offer.

User0101 said:
Does anyone know how long this deal will last? I'm a little low on extra cash right now but I'd hate to miss this sort of offer.

I have this feeling Directv is using this "retention" offer to get rid of excess inventory before they change over to MPEG4. Of course I'm just guessing but I do know it's working for them.

BTW, I have a dumb question. Will a regular antenna work for HD signals? I've seen the $20 indoor HD antenna's at Amazon and wonder if I should get one of those. I'd rather use my roof mounted antenna if I can though.

User0101 said:
Have them Bill your account for next month! I had them bill me but I went ahead and paid but some on the HDTivo forum are getting it bill until next month too! :yes

I bought a $12 UHF antenna that's about 2' x 4' and installed it in the attic above the garage and it works great! As long as your digital channels are broadcast in UHF all you need is a UHF antenna. I've also used the Zenith Silver Sensor indoor antenna which works very well. I got that for $20 at Amazon.

well I'm in I was able to get the deal the installer is coming on Saturday, my cable company never came out on a saturday...... cool :)

ShadowEKU said:
ive been with D* for about 8 months. I called the Retention number and politely asked:

"I heard a rumor there was a good deal on teh HR10-250 is this true and what is the deal"

to which she replied

"Yes Sir as a special pricing we are offering the HR10-250 to all customers at 299 with a 100 dollar MIR."

I asked if there were any special terms

"No sir other than the 2 year commitment"

"Where do I sign up"

"With Me"

and I ordered it.. it was delivered and all is good.

Ditto for me this time. I folled your advice and it worked...thanks for the advice!!!

Can you self-install these units? I want it shipped to my billing address (someone is there all the time) and then will pick it up and install it later. It's easy to do, right? Just plug in the cables. Two satellite feeds? Thanks for the help...

I've self installed my entire setup but I have some past history with DirecWAY, DirecTV, and Dish Network. My setup currently has two sat dishes. One at 72.5 for locals and then the standard sat setup. Both have dual LNB heads.

I currently have a total of 4 coax cables coming off of the two dishes running to my 4x4 multiswitch. This is the special MS44D switch to tie in the local feed. Found out the hard way that a standard 4x4 wouldn't work.

To jump on this deal I'll have to upgrade my standard sat dish to the 3 LNB oval dish, change out to a SAM-6802 6x8 multiswitch, and run another set of dual coax giving me a total of 6 cables down from the two sat dishes. (4 for the new oval dish/1 for the local 72.5 sat dish, 1 spare) All of this to my junction box area. From there I wont have to change a thing coming into the house as I've already got a dual line setup going into my R10 Tivo.

BUT......... all of this I own. I've purchased it all myself. I've installed it all myself and only called D* after everything was set to activate. Pretty easy. Using the R10 on a SerialPPP setup to dial out over my home wireless setup so I don't have to have the pesky LAN line.

I firmly believe you can set these up yourself with the right amount of knowledge. If anything else the installer will be willing to take a backseat or even head on out if you just sign off on everything and clear the delivery good to him. Your situation may/will vary here of course. Personally I don't want anyone doing any installation on my house but me.

/man that was too long of a post!

CMB said:
Can you self-install these units? I want it shipped to my billing address (someone is there all the time) and then will pick it up and install it later. It's easy to do, right? Just plug in the cables. Two satellite feeds? Thanks for the help...

D* will not sell you an HD-DVR and let you install it yourself. I tried and they said that they need to come out and install it. They also told me that they would not bill it to my account, that I need to pay for it by credit card. I passed since I "moved". Oh Well

Chewwy,

Ask DirecTV for the $250 credit instead and then go buy the HD Tivo from Value Electronics. That's what I did and it comes out a little cheaper than buying from DirecTV, unless you are getting a bunch of other credits also, since I didn't have to pay shipping, plus I got to install it myself. I also got the 5 year warranty on it.

What is this deal from Valiue electronics? It says $599 (with the $599 crossed out) at the site and elsewhere is says $499 after mail-in-rebate. So assuming you got the $250 credit from retention, that's still $249 (or $349, without the MIR.). How is this a better deal then $299-$100 MIR=$199? Or is it $499 BEFORE the $100 MIR?

I send a message to our Value Electronics guy here, but haven't gotten a reply yet.

jfehr said:
What is this deal from Valiue electronics? It says $599 (with the $599 crossed out) at the site and elsewhere is says $499 after mail-in-rebate. So assuming you got the $250 credit from retention, that's still $249 (or $349, without the MIR.). How is this a better deal then $299-$100 MIR=$199? Or is it $499 BEFORE the $100 MIR?

I send a message to our Value Electronics guy here, but haven't gotten a reply yet.

I think VE will sell it to you for $449 for being a forum member...that that would be $200 with your credit and MIR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts