$299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate

Status
Please reply by conversation.
SpySatellite,

Here is the # I got online in the forums ealier, I haven't needed to use it yet, but here it is.

1-800-600-8977

The price includes installation and if you look again it says delivery and handling not shipping and handling. The installer will be delivering the hd-dvr at the time of install which looks like is scheduled for monday. You may want to figure out if it is an 8-noon or 1-5 appt so you can be there for the install.

This deal is real. I just called and got it too. $316-$100 Rebate installed price!
Didn't even have to pay for it now. It will be on my next bill! Sweet! That will give me time to sell my current receiver. I should mention that I've only been with D* for 8 months so this is not something that is only for long time subscribers. 2 year commitment like always.

Attachments

• dtvorder.jpg
    dtvorder.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 374
Keep us posted Fletch if it is indeed an HD-DVR. They might not of known what they were offering (surprising as that may sound). Best of Luck to you.

Thanks for the phone number, Jimbos.

Well I just called about it and the CSR in retention that I spoke with never heard of this deal and said the best they could do was $649. :(

Who do I need to talk to to get this?

I just got the deal too. They billed it directly to my CC. Installer will be out on Wednesday to install (I got them to note on the order that running a second line, which will include a wall fish, will be free).

$299 HD-TiVo
$14.95 s/h
$21.98 tax
$235.93
-$30.00 ($5 off HD Pack/6 mo.)

Called back and got the same deal as yall. Cool!!!! Thank you!! :D Installation will be Friday between 1-5.

Now when they do the Mpeg-4 switchout in the next 3-6 months we should get the upgraded HD-DVR now.

Neutron said:
Called back and got the same deal as yall. Cool!!!! Thank you!! :D Installation will be Friday between 1-5.

Now when they do the Mpeg-4 switchout in the next 3-6 months we should get the upgraded HD-DVR now.

The "switchout" isn't expected until late next year. New subs will get the new boxes first, and existing subs later. That per the CEO. HD DVR not due before early to mid '06 in any event.

Price point coming down and almost compelling, but the 2 yr is a deal killer. Can you be released from the contract if you return the unit?

cfarm said:
Price point coming down and almost compelling, but the 2 yr is a deal killer. Can you be released from the contract if you return the unit?
That is what the fine print on the rebate form says.
"FAILURE TO ACTIVATE THE DIRECTV SYSTEM WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE MAY RESULT IN A CHARGE OF $150 PER DIRECTV RECEIVER NOT ACTIVATED. IF YOU FAIL TO MAINTAIN YOUR PROGRAMMING COMMITMENT, DIRECTV MAY CHARGE YOU A PRORATED FEE OF UP TO $300 FOR ADVANCED RECEIVERS. IN LIEU OF PAYMENT, YOU HAVE AN OPTION TO SEND YOUR DIRECTV SYSTEM TO DIRECTV. VISIT DIRECTV.COM OR CALL 1-800-DIRECTV FOR DETAILS.

billbillw said:
That is what the fine print on the rebate form says.
"FAILURE TO ACTIVATE THE DIRECTV SYSTEM WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE MAY RESULT IN A CHARGE OF $150 PER DIRECTV RECEIVER NOT ACTIVATED. IF YOU FAIL TO MAINTAIN YOUR PROGRAMMING COMMITMENT, DIRECTV MAY CHARGE YOU A PRORATED FEE OF UP TO $300 FOR ADVANCED RECEIVERS. IN LIEU OF PAYMENT, YOU HAVE AN OPTION TO SEND YOUR DIRECTV SYSTEM TO DIRECTV. VISIT DIRECTV.COM OR CALL 1-800-DIRECTV FOR DETAILS.

Looks like an out to me. Now no reason not to buy if you're an HD Tivo fan.

cfarm said:
The "switchout" isn't expected until late next year. New subs will get the new boxes first, and existing subs later. That per the CEO. HD DVR not due before early to mid '06 in any event.

Yes. That's one of the conditions. You can cancel your contract early, but you have to send the equipment back to D*.

So even though I'm in the top 12 markets I shouldn't expect the MPEG-4 version until late next year?

I'm assuming the same things apply w/ HD-Tivo as it does w/ regular DVR-Tivo, as in need phone line for initial setup and all else is good...

Yes, that is correct. I tested our regular DTivo with our Vonage connection here and it only failed once out of 5 tries we tried it. So we're good to go.

oh yeah, anyone know if this deal is only for current customers, or can a new customer get it? got shot down on first call

I called the retention department yesterday and they gave me the hd250 for 715 with shipping and tax
200 credit
100 rebate
20 credit for 6 months
comes out to 295 for me. She told me that was the best that she could do. Should I call back and complain?

osubeavs said:
I called the retention department yesterday and they gave me the hd250 for 715 with shipping and tax
200 credit
100 rebate
20 credit for 6 months
comes out to 295 for me. She told me that was the best that she could do. Should I call back and complain?

I would complain. With the new deal, the cost after rebate almost $80 less than what you got. Also, less cost up front is much better than credits on your bill, IMHO.

I just called directtv and they knew nothing about it and then I hung up and called the retention dept and she knew immediately about the new deal. I had been debating HD-DVR for months and I had a note on my bill for the last 2 months that they would give me a 250 dollar credit for the HD-DVR(but this was stated when it was still about 750 dollars) so she even gave me that credit...so I am only paying 49 dollars for it which is pretty sweet I think!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.