$299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Awesome!

I'm a new customer, and after playing CSR roulette for a bit, I finally got some satisfaction!

I had to sign-up for service and get an installation date/account number, and THEN call customer retention to get the hd-dvr. They couldn't order one for me now, but the CSR noted on my account that I would be calling back later in the week, once I activated my account, and they would ship out an hd-dvr for $299.

So, after rebate, I'm going to end up with 2 DVRs for $299. Goodbye E*!

In all of the excitement I wonder...does anyone know what we got...I read that it is the H10-250, but aren't there multiple suppliers of those?? Phillips, Hughes...anyone know what we bought?

I heard that we got the newest ones, hopefully with the HDMI problem fixed.

Well here's what I got... I bought an HDTivo from Robert @VE last week for the forum member price (thanks Robert!). So I called D* and explained the situation. The guy insisted there was no deal, but when I got him to talk to a supervisor for a minute he came back and admitted there was. He said since I had purchased it from a retailer and not from them he couldn't match the price entirely. What they did give me was $20 credit for the next 6 months and $5 off HD pack for the next 6 months. Not great, but considering a day ago I was happy to pay less than $500 for this thing it's a nice bonus.

-MP

I still find it strange that with all of the rumors, and all of the wishful thinking, and all of the well, you get the picture, that this took us all by surprise. The D* dealers knew and still know nothing, heck most of D* still knows nothing. It took fletchlives to post here and we didn't even believe the guy. My point is that ...we know nada! We are just happier with the nothing that we know today than with the nothing that we knew yesterday.

Queston on the rebate. You aren't getting the 100 rebate at time of purchase are you? I'm guessing your still planning on sending in the form correct? But at 299 I may have to jump.

I just bought this thing locally yesterday for $499. Just called retention and they didn't seem to know anything about it. I'll keep trying.

I'd like to jump on this as well but I don't know if I've been a subscriber long enough (3 months) for this to work for me. I'd so love to get an HD-Tivo! I might just call tonight and give it a shot anyway.

Hey everyone. I'm a NEW customer and was sort of able to get in on this deal. I asked the CSR and he didn't know of this, and did some research. Comes back and his supervisor said to give it to me on credit.

In other words, $599 - $300 credit - $100 rebate = $199.

Now, he couldn't schedule an earlier date than 9/8 (yes, 9/8) for installation, but told me to call another number. So, when I did that, I got an earlier installation date. But, out of curiosity, I asked if there was any note on the account that said to give me a $300 credit. The lady said no. I told her the situation, so she put that note in. So, I have to call back later tonight to double check. Cuz I'm certainly not gonna go through with it w/out the $300 credit :p I'll post details later

I have a strange situation where I don't have a landbased phone line and they will not come out and do the setup unless I have one. I asked if I could just have them ship it to me and let me take it to someone elses house for the initial setup and they refused to do it.

I wonder if I could get it even though I am already on a deal from last December, when I got the HD receiver?

Anyone know for sure if they are letting people in on this even if they are already locked into a deal by customer retention?

Has anyone gotten an H10 RECENTLY and still gotten the deal? I just got my H10 within the last month, and I am considering doing this as well -- if I can do it. I don't want to waste my time, if I have no chance.

I think people are having different results. I would say the best thing for you to do is to give it a shot and see what happens. It doesn't hurt...

Chado said:
I think people are having different results. I would say the best thing for you to do is to give it a shot and see what happens. It doesn't hurt...

Chado, I know you just bought from VE when I did....did you have any luck calling? I got $100 instant credit.

well i called on lunch and the lady set me up with the 299 plus 100 rebate and she suggested some sort of credit on my account...

I got the receiver for $199 with a $1,000 rebate, they paid off my mortgage, paid for my kid to go to college, and a hot blonde CSR is here giving me head as I type this. :yes

How do you get this offer. I was a D* subscriber until I moved 18 months ago, When I ended my subscription they said they would put my account in a suspended state until I wanted to start subscribing again. Anyway I didn't restart my account because I am too far (over 40 miles north of towers) to get local HD channels OTA in Houston. I called them today and spoke with supervisor who said he had never heard of such a deal. The best he could do was $549 after rebate for HD DVR for returning subscribers. Should I not have told him that I was not an active subscriber or should I just call back later and hope I talk to someone else who knows more about what's available. Thanks
BTW, I told him about the site so maybe he will become more informed. Sad that he works for D* and doesn't know what all is available.

OK..Here is what I got. Didn't argue too much seeing how I just got an upgrade last December and was afraid I wouldn't be able to get anything.

HD-DVR for $299 less $100 MIR + $14.95 handling.
$20 discount on TC for 6 months.
Free Installation on Friday 08/19/05.
Free upgrade to MPEG 4 when available (made sure I got his name and emp #) when he told me that.

He had originally offered me $5 off HD programming for 6 months, but declined on that for the offer I got on TC package ($120 compared to $30).

Felt I did OK.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)