$299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually this is not a big change from what retention has been doing all along, they have now just applied the retention credit to HR10-250 purchase so it netted to $299.99 less the $100. DVR rebate.

Lets run the math. VE charges forum members $549.00, comparing apples to apples, retention can credit up to $250 for the highest qualified existing customers and still provide all of the other perks as well, like 6 month additional programming credit of up to $20 per month to TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER customers.

So if you subtract the $250 retention credit from our $549.00 price you get $299.00, .99 cents lower then retention can do and we still would be saving you the shipping, sales tax and throw in our free 5 yr. transferable warranty, double boxing each HD DVR for safe delivery to your home and give you our very nice logo'd polo shirt as well.

Run the math, get your retention credit and save even more when you order from us.

-Robert

Robert....I was able to get the 299.00 price and then a 250.00 credit. So I am guessing that your scenario does not apply to someone in my situation....right?

If I can get it from you for 49 dollars also I will gladly buy from you!!!

Thanks for all the input that I have stolen from you while lurking on here though

Run the math, get your retention credit and save even more when you order from us.

-Robert

Hey Robert and all others, I appreciate Robert's input etc... on these forums and from what I have seen you have satisfied customers in this forum...but...If I had ever in the last six months believed that I could get a HD Tivo for less than 200...actually a lot less, I would have bitten for sure. So I have been dooing the math all along and I don't think it was ever known that you guys or anyone else for that matter could have offered us this. Nice spin, I don't mean to be rude, but let's face it, untill fletch lives started this thread none of us, even those closest to D* like yourself knew this was coming.

I only called retention yesterday when I saw everyone at tivocommunity.com getting this deal. So I told the girl that answered the phone that there is a thread full of people who are getting a $299.00 deal on an HR10-250 on the tivocommunity.com boards and I wanted in. I asked her if the $150.00 credit that DirecTV promised me would be able to be applied and she said although the credit is noted in my file, she could not extend it to the $299.00 reduced price but she would instead give me $5 off of the HD package and $5 off TC Premiere service (TC Premiere is what I am subscribed to now). I told her I needed to think about it and she noted my account and I hung up. I called the retention line back and a man answered and told me that he saw that I had called only 6 minutes ago. He asked me how he could help me. I asked him if the $150.00 credit I was promised on the HR10-250 would be applyable to the $299.00 price and he said normally not, but he would do that for me. I then asked if I would also be eligible for the $100.00 mail-in rebate and he said yes I would. I asked him if the $5 off on TC Premiere service and the $5 off of the HD service would still apply and he said yes they would. I asked him about if they were to introduce a new DirecTV MPEG-4/Ka-band/high definition capable DVR next year and I wanted it what were my options? He told me that if they offered my local channels in MPEG-4, they would most likely want to swap my HR10-250 out for me. He said if I wanted it sooner (due to nationals being added in MPEG-4), then I would pay a small price and recommit to two years. He told me that commitments at DirecTV are not cumulative meaning they are not added to each other. He said instead that commitments supercede each other.

So I am getting the deal 299.00 for the HR10-250
-$150.00 discount
-$100.00 MIR
which brings the total price for the HR10-250 to $49.00
+$0.00 sales tax for Maine (it basically wouldn't enter any sales tax amount for him so he gave it to me for no sales tax)
+$14.95 shipping and handling fee
which brings the actual total price I'm paying for the HR10-250 to $63.95

I'm still getting $5/mo off TC Premiere for 6 months and $5/mo off HD service for 6 months.

I really couldn't pass on this deal. It was too good to be true.

The install is set for this Friday and will cost me nothing (except the tip). The installer is bringing a brand new HR10-250 and a sat "C" kit as I have the elliptical dish already with 2 LNBs in it. The wiring is also already done as I currently have an HDVR2 and it is done the fancy way with wall plates and such. All he or she has to do is attach the sat "C" kit to a switch with the other LNBs and re-align the dish. I'll do the rest. ;)

So the $63.95 I'm paying in total for the HR-250
+$25.00 I typically tip the installer if I'm happy with the install (and usually I am) brings my lump sum total to $88.95

Sure, I felt like I could have pushed for a $250.00 instead of a $150.00 discount that they gave me, but then they'd have owed me money and I just wouldn't feel right about it. ;)

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Actually this is not a big change from what retention has been doing all along, they have now just applied the retention credit to HR10-250 purchase so it netted to $299.99 less the $100. DVR rebate.

Lets run the math.... Run the math, get your retention credit and save even more when you order from us.

-Robert

Robert, I respect your opinion on this, but I feel that this is far beyond what retention has been doing in the last few weeks or months. I called several times to try and get a credit so that I could buy one from you, but retention wouldn't give me any credit, only a $15 discount for 6 months. I wasn't really surprised because I've only been a sub for 8 months. Sunday all of a sudden I was able to get the $299 deal with the rebate, and I still get the $15 discount for 6 mo. Its a much better deal than previously. Most have reported that they are no longer offering the $250 credit due to this deal. I would have loved to order mine from you, but your price is $250 more and doesn't include installation. I hope that your suppliers give you some price break so that you can be competitive with this offer.

JeffreyDJ said:
Has anyone gotten an H10 RECENTLY and still gotten the deal? I just got my H10 within the last month, and I am considering doing this as well -- if I can do it. I don't want to waste my time, if I have no chance.

Bought a H10 last week and there was do deal with it. Just the $199.00 new lower price. Got it at Best Buy. To replace an old E8 that died. There was no 2 year commitment though. D* just activated the new one and deleted the old one.

Some people, on the Internet, were reporting free H10 receivers at certain Best Buys, but I checked everyone of their stores in this area, none had such a deal.

I'm not having good luck asking this question. What I mean has anyone gotten the HD-DVR for $299-$100 Rebate IN ADDITION TO GETTING THE H10 recently through rentention?

So, in the end I'd have an H10 for one room and a HD Tivo for a second ...

wolfiefan said:
Robert....I was able to get the 299.00 price and then a 250.00 credit. So I am guessing that your scenario does not apply to someone in my situation....right?

If I can get it from you for 49 dollars also I will gladly buy from you!!!

Thanks for all the input that I have stolen from you while lurking on here though

Great deal, but very very few people do not get anything like that. The most popular best deal is the one that I posted. Most folks were lucky if they even got the $299. less the additional $100 DVR rebate and my offer is still lot better than that.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Most folks were lucky if they even got the $299. less the additional $100 DVR rebate and my offer is still lot better than that.

-Robert

Lucky if they got it? Most people ARE getting this! There hasn't been any reports of this deal expiring or drying up. As far as I can tell there are only a few unlucky ones haven't been able to get the $299-$100 deal and those seem to be people who have just recently recived heavily discounted equipment.

Robert,

With all due respect, everyone is getting this deal, I did myself, very simple process. I just called 1-800-600-8977. Spoke with a lady named Jenny and asked for the HR10-250 for $299.00 with a $200.00 Instant Rebate and a $100.00 Mail-in Rebate. All I have to pay is a net of $36.00 for shipping and taxes. This deal also includes free installation, any wires I may need and also the 18 x 20 dish if needed. Also there are MANY reports of people receiving programming credits on top of all of this as well!! So, "if you do the math," we pay $36.00 for:

1. A Brand New HR10-250

2. Professional Installation (If Needed)

3. New 18 x 20 Dish (If Needed)

4. Programming Credits. I.E. - HBO Free for 6 months, $5.00 off programming package for 12 months, HD Package free for 3 months, etc.

Robert, are you saying you can offer all of this for less then $36.00? If so, please tell me, I will order another HR10-250 from you immediately.

~Josh

I didn't get the GREAT deals that some of you have been getting. I called twice, first offered me $399 with $100 MIR, second offered $299 with mail-in. They offered no kind of programming credit either, I have never been late on payment, guess I just haven't been there long enough (since Jan). Anyway, if they could lower it to $99 I could take it, just at the moment can't afford the $199, just got my house's AC fixed, that took any "fun" money I had this month.

See, there is a reason why when I have only requested 1 thing from retention (4 year subscriber now.) Great deals like this. I do call on occasion to retention when I have had issues (such as the H10 issue) to make sure my account has been noted, they ask "what they can do for me" and I just say make a note on the account - that way - when the "big" things come around I can take advantage.

billbillw said:
Lucky if they got it? Most people ARE getting this! There hasn't been any reports of this deal expiring or drying up. As far as I can tell there are only a few unlucky ones haven't been able to get the $299-$100 deal and those seem to be people who have just recently recived heavily discounted equipment.

We're not disagreeing. Most people do get this deal and my offer is better because:

1. Up front your cost is .99 cent lower
2. No shipping may save an additional $14.99
3. No sales tax, savings of about $20 more
4. Transferable 5 yr. warranty, unknown savings
5. Very nice polo shirt, gift with purchase
6. Double boxed for safe travel to your door
7. Factory fresh inventory
8. Better customer service

Overall savings $36 plus 5 yr. warranty, shirt and better service.

If you qualify for the maximum $250 retention credit why not take the retention credit, save even more money for yourself, get some goodies and support the sponsor. Take the retention credit and tell the CSR you chose to support your independent dealer.

Of course, if you score the rare better deal go for it.

-Robert

We,ll I had to jump in on this deal , I just called and got the HD Tivo for the $299.99 with the $100 rebate , got the Shipping fee drop and taxes, also got all of the Premium channels for free for 3 months and that includes all of the sports channels which I don't really watch those but if they want to give them to me that's fine. Also got the $5 off my whole package for 6 months. Did not add back the HD package until they add some other channels, but now I will be able to record Show time HD and HBO HD and I get all my OTA channels.

Also for got to add , got the free install.

I would call D* and save the dough just like LOBO above. Even with the 5-yr warranty,which I am glad that I have, there is no comparison.

vurbano said:
If I were buying one Id buy from Robert. He's got a great deal.

Most people are not able to get the $250 credit that was discussed last week. Most have reported that D* is now saying that they cannot give a credit that big due to the price drop to $299. Robert's deal was good a week ago, but with the new deal straight from D*, there is no question which is better.

I have been with Directv for 5 years and they wouldn't give me $250 in credits.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)