$299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ramy said:
I have been with Directv for 5 years and they wouldn't give me $250 in credits.

It took me three calls over a one week span to get the $250 credit and a few programming credits as well. This was back in May, but it sounds like it is still there if you can find it.

Sorry for the dumb question above. I came to this thread from a link on another thread and didn't even realize that there were 6 pages before this one. LOL. I came back here to write that I called customer service and they said 649 with 100 rebate so I asked for the retention line. When I got the guy there, I told him what I wanted and he said he didn't think so, but put me on hold for several minutes. When he came back, he said I was right and gave me the 299-100 price. Unfortunatley, since I had not read the previous 6 pages, I didn't realize that there might be additional incentives so I didn't ask for any. Now I'm trying to decide whether to be greedy and go back to the well one more time. With my luck, I'll get a CSR that won't give me anything, but....

rick

billbillw said:
Most people are not able to get the $250 credit that was discussed last week. Most have reported that D* is now saying that they cannot give a credit that big due to the price drop to $299. Robert's deal was good a week ago, but with the new deal straight from D*, there is no question which is better.

I would probably prefer to go with Robert myself, minus the shipping and tax (would I even have tax?), and I like the T-Shirt, but due to the fact that I would prefer to skip retention since I have no plans to leave DirecTV, DirecTV is the way I'll go!

I'm off work tomorrow, so I'll try to get the $299 price then, but I have a few questions to ask.

1. What time estimate has DirecTV given people for the box to be there?!
2. Are they willing to just ship it?! I already have a Phase III dish that uses all four outputs. Unless DirecTV intends to give me a free 4x8 or 5x8 multiswitch, they can't hook up any additional line for me.
3. Do I need to inform DirecTV of the circumstances regarding question #2?!

~Alan

I signed back up with D* in March with the $250 equipment credit. We ended up getting the Zenith SAT520 becuase the Tivo was so expensive. Then on Wednsday of last week I purchased an HD Tivo on Ebay for $504 and sold the Zenith for $150 and am getting the $100 rebate. Then I happened upon this thread and now I realise I got the raw end of the deal. So I called D* to see what they could do for me. After 2 CSR's I ended up getting a $5 credit on our basic package for 1 year and Stars for free for 3 months. I can't complain since I had already gotten the $250 back in March. Hell, just those 2 extra benefits get me down to a total cost of $158 which is well worth it in my book. I love the
HR10-250 it works great. Good luck to everyone else in their persuit for HD Tivo. :D

FlyingJ said:
Hey Robert, any idea what qualifies someone for the "retention credit"?

DIRECTV uses a weighted system to determine how much retention money they can offer you. The criteria is:

1. Your average monthly bill.
2. Date of account activation.
3. How prompt your payments are made.
4. Mood and negotiations of the customer and CSR

Assuming you qualify for the best offer you could buy the HR10-250 for $299.99 less the additional $100 MIR or take a $250 credit and buy from the retailer of your choice and save even more money.

-Robert

[
Assuming you qualify for the best offer you could buy the HR10-250 for $299.99 less the additional $100 MIR or take a $250 credit and buy from the retailer of your choice and save even more money.

-Robert[/QUOTE]

I wonder what the % of people is that qualify for the whole $250 ? So, are you saying that the retetion credit, whatever the number is can only be gotten if we are to purchase the new equipment from outside of D*?

nhlfan79 said:
I just got the deal too. They billed it directly to my CC. Installer will be out on Wednesday to install (I got them to note on the order that running a second line, which will include a wall fish, will be free).

$299 HD-TiVo
$14.95 s/h
$21.98 tax
$235.93
-$30.00 ($5 off HD Pack/6 mo.)

Wallfish for free? :rolleyes:

FlyingJ said:
[

-Robert

I wonder what the % of people is that qualify for the whole $250 ? So, are you saying that the retention credit, whatever the number is can only be gotten if we are to purchase the new equipment from outside of D*?[/QUOTE]

The criteria is exactly the same for the $250 retention credit as it is for the $299.99 direct sale, so if your qualify for the $299.99 direct sale you have also qualified for the $250 retention credit.

Yes, if you take the retention credit it is contingent on your buying and activating a HR10-250 from a dealer.

-Robert

I just got the same deal but for 249.00
Haven't decided yet if I am going to do it.
I already have 4 tivo's.

Thank you for the response. That does clarify things for me. Sure would be nice if D* would spell this stuff out. I might have gone with Robert had I known prior. Actually would have done it a long time ago. Seems that prior to yesterdy all I could tell was that an HD DVR was gonna hit me up for around 5 to 6 hundy.

nhlfan79 said:
I just got the deal too. They billed it directly to my CC. Installer will be out on Wednesday to install (I got them to note on the order that running a second line, which will include a wall fish, will be free).

$299 HD-TiVo
$14.95 s/h
$21.98 tax
$235.93
-$30.00 ($5 off HD Pack/6 mo.)

It's the shipping and tax that could have been saved here, plus the extra warranty and shirt that was lost in all of these direct sales.

Not that it matters in this example, but wall fishing is not included in any basic installation.

-Robert

Alan Gordon said:
I would probably prefer to go with Robert myself, minus the shipping and tax (would I even have tax?), and I like the T-Shirt, but due to the fact that I would prefer to skip retention since I have no plans to leave DirecTV, DirecTV is the way I'll go!

I'm off work tomorrow, so I'll try to get the $299 price then, but I have a few questions to ask.

1. What time estimate has DirecTV given people for the box to be there?!
2. Are they willing to just ship it?! I already have a Phase III dish that uses all four outputs. Unless DirecTV intends to give me a free 4x8 or 5x8 multiswitch, they can't hook up any additional line for me.
3. Do I need to inform DirecTV of the circumstances regarding question #2?!

~Alan

Alan, In your post, you said that you want to avoid the retention department. Well that seems to be the only way to get this deal. Normal CSRs are not giving this deal. Call retention directly at the 800 number listed above.
To answer some of your questions,
1.The estimates for installation seem to vary greatly. You will just have to work that out on the phone.
2. Everyone has reported that they will not ship this. Delivery/Install only. I was told by the rep that a multiswitch would be included in the install if needed.
3. It might help for the installer to know you need a multiswitch, so I would mention it.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
The criteria is exactly the same for the $250 retention credit as it is for the $299.99 direct sale, so if your qualify for the $299.99 direct sale you have also qualified for the $250 retention credit.

-Robert

Robert, I hate to disagree, but I tried several times to get a credit from customer retention with no luck. No luck with ANY CREDIT, let alone a $250 credit. But somehow two days later, I did qualify to get the $299 deal. Hmmm.

I would have gone through VE for mine, but Directv was able to bill this to me instead of making me pay up front for it. That was the only reason for doing this through Directv.

Neutron said:
I would have gone through VE for mine, but Directv was able to bill this to me instead of making me pay up front for it. That was the only reason for doing this through Directv.
That was a plus for me as well. Gives me time to sell off some of my soon to be unused equipment (bye bye Toshiba Symbio, sold last night).

billbillw said:
Robert, I hate to disagree, but I tried several times to get a credit from customer retention with no luck. No luck with ANY CREDIT, let alone a $250 credit. But somehow two days later, I did qualify to get the $299 deal. Hmmm.

Two reasons.

1. DIRECTV just eased up the retention guidelines for credits on HR10-250s

2. I would think it's the old CSR roulette situation.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts