$299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate

Status
Please reply by conversation.
CRendall said:
SpySatellite,

DirecTV will apply $250 to my account when I activate the HD Tivo. When I first called last Sunday they offer me the HD Tivo for $299. After reading Roberts comments that if DirecTV offered me a HD Tivo for $299 that I would also be eligible for the $250 instead. So I called DirecTV back to cancel the install through them and asked for the credit instead. They cancelled the order and gave me the $250 credit instead and then I ordered my HD Tivo from Value Electronics.

This is my first buying experience with Value Electronics and so far I've been very impressed! The phone was answered within two rings and the order process was very painless. I know I'll be doing business with them again in the future!

I'd ask for the $250 credit DirecTV and buy from Value Electronics because it is a better value when you include the slightly lower cost and 5 year warranty.

Chris
Yeah! but your still going to be under the new 2 year contract agreement from D*, so my advice would be get all you can from D*, enough to make you forget about the contract. At least then it feels like it was worth it!

Smthkd,

I'm under a two year contract with D* no matter where I buy it from, so why not go for the best deal? To me, having a five year warranty for the HD Tivo plus a lower price is a better deal.

FlyingJ said:
Does the warranty apply when the equipmment is swapped out??
Robert has said previously that the warranty IS transferrable to swapouts, so it should cover any MPEG4 replacement that D* give you.

TheWarden said:
Awesome!

I'm a new customer, and after playing CSR roulette for a bit, I finally got some satisfaction!

I had to sign-up for service and get an installation date/account number, and THEN call customer retention to get the hd-dvr. They couldn't order one for me now, but the CSR noted on my account that I would be calling back later in the week, once I activated my account, and they would ship out an hd-dvr for $299.

So, after rebate, I'm going to end up with 2 DVRs for $299. Goodbye E*!

Was considering a switch from E* to D* when I came across this thread. Does anyone else think I will be able to pull this off?

Should I call and set up a new account with the free SD DVR, then immediately call back and try to get this offer? The 599 - 100 is not tempting enough, but I would definitely take the dive for 299-100.

William

So why is DirecTV offering this good of a deal? Do you suppose they just have a surplus of these units and figure that once MPEG-4 starts rolling out that nobody will want these anymore? Or did they get enough grumbling over the NFL-ST pricing and lost more customers than expected? Possibly high-end customers? Or are they just trying to get people under a 2 year commitment? Or is there something that we're not aware of yet?

For me, I already have the HD package and the DVR service (separate receivers). Plus I can't get cable where I live and have been with DirecTV for over 6 years so the 2 year commit isn't hard to swallow. It just seems like too good of deal to be true.

-JustBob

Just for S and G I e-mail D* asking what they could do for me on this HD Tivo deal. waiting for a reply. Been with D* for over 8 years.

Told them what I've seen others getting and was wondering if they will respond with a call to me with a good offer.

I know what the Best offers that have been given out after reading the Posts so waiting on a call from D* to see if they care about long term customers.

I now have Samsung 360, Sony T-60 and Rca 435

Anyone know is you can get this deal without the install? I would rather get it shipped and hook it up myself.

jguy,

Call DirecTV to see if they will give you the $250 credit on your account when you activate an HD Tivo. If so, then call Value Electronics to order one and you can install it yourself. This is what I did.

Chris

jguy said:
Anyone know is you can get this deal without the install? I would rather get it shipped and hook it up myself.

Last I heard a D* installer needed to hook it up but at my house the closest hes comeing to my media center is 3 '

He can look but not touch

No response from D* yet

Still no response from D* at 10 pm

Brand new D* customer: HD DVR offer sealed

Update:

I am a current E* customer (2yrs 11 mos). Called D*, set up a new account with 3 rooms (DVR and 2 regular) for 129.66 with a 100 rebate.

Then I called customer retention (less than 60 seconds later), she says call back on the day they install (Monday) and they will send me the HD DVR for 299 with a 100 rebate, also knock 5 per month off the HD package for 6 mos. She put a note on my account, assures me no problem.

Not complaining.

Too bad I have to leave now for dinner or I would go ahead and cancel E*.

William W.

wwood_98 said:
Update:

I am a current E* customer (2yrs 11 mos). Called D*, set up a new account with 3 rooms (DVR and 2 regular) for 129.66 with a 100 rebate.

Then I called customer retention (less than 60 seconds later), she says call back on the day they install (Monday) and they will send me the HD DVR for 299 with a 100 rebate, also knock 5 per month off the HD package for 6 mos. She put a note on my account, assures me no problem.

Not complaining.

Too bad I have to leave now for dinner or I would go ahead and cancel E*.

William W.

Sounds like you just answered my question from earlier today (that didn't garner any response). I should call Verizon and order my bundled package of phone, internet and D* with the DVR plus 2 rooms. After I do that, I should contact retention department for the HD-TIVO deal.

Assuming I got that right, I will be on the phone with them tomorrow. Is there a better way to do accomplish this. I will be ordering the Sunday ticket and I recall that others were able to swing some deals for the superfan features at no charge. Question: Were you able to get HD programming charge waived (or just 5 dollars off).

litig8 said:
Sounds like you just answered my question from earlier today (that didn't garner any response). I should call Verizon and order my bundled package of phone, internet and D* with the DVR plus 2 rooms. After I do that, I should contact retention department for the HD-TIVO deal.

Assuming I got that right, I will be on the phone with them tomorrow. Is there a better way to do accomplish this. I will be ordering the Sunday ticket and I recall that others were able to swing some deals for the superfan features at no charge. Question: Were you able to get HD programming charge waived (or just 5 dollars off).

Everything isn't finalized until I call them back after my installation Monday. But she said she could give me 5/month off the HD package for 6 mos. My plan is to push for whatever else I can get when I call Monday.

William W.

Because I dont let installers touch myself either....

When the installer got here yesterday I told him to park his butt on my couch while i ran the cables and installed it. I offered him a coke and my phone to close out some orders (good deed considering tehy sit on hold for 10 minutes each order they have to close out which kills cell phone minutes). I installed the dvr and started it up and got to channel 100 and let him activate it and I said thanks for stopping by and he took off. So he got some work done and I took care of my own stuff.

He also left me the tripple lnb dish that was on the order... my question is this... why is a tripple lnb dish on the order if i currently had the HD pack and my locals are on 119 or 110? Doesnt matter the dish will be set up at my dads house.

jguy said:

I just called them and they said that it had to be hooked up by them, they would not just ship it. That sucks since I have "moved". They also said that they would not bill it to my account that it had to be paid via credit card.

So perhaps can't you just "move" back to the previous address and then later on "move" again??? Do you need to call them to tell that you "moved" or can you do that over the internet? All this deal sounds really good for me and I really want to know how things are working out for new costumers cause I may be one of them. But I need to "move" to LA after I get my system installed so I can get the HD networks. Not much point in getting and HD DVR for just a couple of HD channels! :D Has anybody tried that???

chewwy420 said:
I just called them and they said that it had to be hooked up by them, they would not just ship it. That sucks since I have "moved". They also said that they would not bill it to my account that it had to be paid via credit card.

Keep calling to get your deal and I also though of something else. Request "The Horror Channel" while you have them on the line. ;) Tell your family and friends who want a high-definition DVR to call in too.

Unfortunately for me, I had to cancel my order. I borrowed an HD-TIVO and couldn't get consistant signal lock on the OTA channels with my current antenna setup. If I used a pre-amp I could get the weaker channels, but the higher ones would jump around too much to lock (I read that others had issues with signal overload, so I guess that was my problem). If I didn't use the pre-amp, I couldn't pickup enough signal to lock the weaker stations but the higher powered ones came in fine.

I'm very disappointed...but I didn't want to dish out $300 and have to run up to the attic to change the pre-amp settings when I wanted to watch a different channel.

I guess I'll have to wait until they actually get HD locals up and running...

:-(

Why not just keep the HD-TIVO order and "move" to New York. Rent the mailboxes ect suite address and make that your DirecTV address. Tell mailboxes etc to throw out the mail and pay DirecTV online. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)