3 New HD Channels Added.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know this is old news but having ESPNewsHD makes me look forward to seeing ESPN and ESPN 2 HD in MPEG 4. All I can say is WOWOWOW with PQ. Great Job ESPN and thank you D*

Yup, I am impressed with ESPNewsHD! The PQ is stupid good.

hmmm......no ABC Family

abc-family.jpg

DTV said its coming soon.

I would not question D* anymore about adding channels, they have far exceeded my HD expectations. The more they add is just apples and oranges they are ahead of the game against any provider. Once again Thank you D*

I love D*! When I switched to D* HD as an existing customer, the cost was worth it considering programming vs. E* programming and equipment upgrade ( which would have been free as a new customer ). D* is and has been worth every penny I have ever spent, more bang for my buck!

I know it is difficult to criticize DirecTV these days but give us all the other available HD's too, now that I could not see any compelling reasons not carrying them.

Also please make the HR21's menu go faster. I just managed to have DirecTV send me a second HR20 (the first one was a bust), and realized the HR20 has no such slow guide issue. And get those AM21 OTA add-ons out already!

Oh one more grip, now that Disney and TOON, among a few other kids channels are in HD, all my HDDVR's will quickly run out of space in no time because the little monsters have scheduled every DVR with their favorite shows, only now in HD:)

Oh one more grip, now that Disney and TOON, among a few other kids channels are in HD, all my HDDVR's will quickly run out of space in no time because the little monsters have scheduled every DVR with their favorite shows, only now in HD:)
I know it's not as nice as E*'s external drive solution but you can connect a eSATA drive (which replaces the internal drive) to HR20/HR21's to increase the recording capacity. And hopefully soon D* will come out with the MRV feature to help make better use of free space by spreading the load around.

I know it is difficult to criticize DirecTV these days but give us all the other available HD's too, now that I could not see any compelling reasons not carrying them.

Also please make the HR21's menu go faster. I just managed to have DirecTV send me a second HR20 (the first one was a bust), and realized the HR20 has no such slow guide issue. And get those AM21 OTA add-ons out already!

You're saying the HR21 guide is even slower than the HR20's???

As a past E* (vip622) sub and current D* (HR20) sub, I must say that the D* guides are all way slower than everything that I was used to with E*. Of course this is a minor and one of the very few complaints I have though....

I know it's not as nice as E*'s external drive solution but you can connect a eSATA drive (which replaces the internal drive) to HR20/HR21's to increase the recording capacity. And hopefully soon D* will come out with the MRV feature to help make better use of free space by spreading the load around.

I said that jokingly. While I had my 622's we did have the EHD activated for free by DISH, and I didn't care for the thing even then.

While all my HDDVR's are packed with recordings, I don't plan to tell the little ones how to "keep" them, so there is no problem of kicking some of their shows off if we need room.

Of course the speed at which they master modern technologies I don't know how long the peace may last. One thing I know though even the biggest hard drive will not be able to make a difference once they break the "keep" code:) At least I will still have the password authority. The world will come to an end once they get ahead of me on that one.

Have Dish thinking about adding Direct

I have Dish with a 722 and 222 and America's everything pack with locals plus HD ultimate. Costs a fortune. Around $130.00 with no credits. Thinking about adding Direct. Tired of waiting on new HD. I have to keep my Dish programming at a certain level because I still have 12 months left on my two year contract. What recommendations do you all have for both Dish and Direct to get the most HD, but not spend more than $140 on both and meet my contract for Dish. Should I just keep Dish and wait it out or go for both. Only problem will be losing HBO HD, Cinemax HD, etc., on both to meet price I need.Any help would be appreciated.

Any actual HD content?

Checked out the Disney channel. Pic looks better but didn't see any real HD content (of course I only checked it for 5 minutes! ;)). Does anybody know what kind of real HD content the channel has?

Checked out the Disney channel. Pic looks better but didn't see any real HD content (of course I only checked it for 5 minutes! ;)). Does anybody know what kind of real HD content the channel has?

I've noticed a lot of their cartoons are mastered in HD. Kim Possible, The Emperor's New School, and Yin Yang Yo are some that I saw yesterday. They look really good; I forgot how nice animation can be in HD.

Re: Wgn

Anyone have any idea when it might be added to the national HD? I know the local feed is already in HD in Chicago. Would be nice to see the Cubs games in HD. Baseball in SD doesn't cut it anymore :(

The GIANT mouse ears on the bottom left of the screen is in HD. :)

Anyone have any idea when it might be added to the national HD? I know the local feed is already in HD in Chicago. Would be nice to see the Cubs games in HD. Baseball in SD doesn't cut it anymore :(

E-Mail DirecTV and tell them you want to see it added, some prior posts say when they ask D* about WGN Superstation HD they're told not many people are asking for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)