3 year Customer but no Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gtaff

Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
ga
How do you go about getting free upgrades for Direct Tv. I have been a customer now for 3 years but they are not willing to give me an upgrade to HD Dvr. If I was a new customer they would love to give me everything for free plus a heck of a deal on monthly service. Anyway if you have any clues or suggestions please let me know.

Ask for retention when you are on the phone. Tell them about the Dish Network offer and that you would hate to go, but your equipment is not up to your needs.....They have always worked with me.

How do you go about getting free upgrades for Direct Tv. I have been a customer now for 3 years but they are not willing to give me an upgrade to HD Dvr. If I was a new customer they would love to give me everything for free plus a heck of a deal on monthly service. Anyway if you have any clues or suggestions please let me know.

Why is it that people seem to forget that they got a deal when they signed up? DO people think that these new services, equipment, and labor are free?

Agreed; and likely in the long run giving out more and more freebies and "please stay bribes" leads to even higher sub cost to make up the differences.

Call D* and ask what kinds of up grades you quailfy for. At best you will get discounts for up grades.

I have been a D* loyal sub scense 03. I called D* to add two HD recievers. I got an HR24 for $99 and a H21 for $69. Install of the sl5 and cable drops were free. The installer was willing to do mrv install for $99. I declined the mrv.

I'm sure the percentage over all is very small as to how many people call D* and ask for upgrades or free stuff. I'd say take the retention dept rout and see what they offer you. Maybe Showtime free for three months.....:) If you don't ask for something for free someone else will, and that is just the way it is, so why not you.

I got 2 HD-DVR's today for $32 with a 2 year contract. Just say cancel at the voice prompt and you'll get to the right dept that is more empowered to give you better deals. If you're on contract though don't expect any deals.

Just because you been with us for 3 years you think that entitles you to an free hddvr upgrade ?

Hate to break it too you but it does not mean much.

Upgrades are based on a number of factors largest one being account history then what he or she already has , then finally time.

I got 2 HD-DVR's today for $32 with a 2 year contract. Just say cancel at the voice prompt and you'll get to the right dept that is more empowered to give you better deals. If you're on contract though don't expect any deals.

You must have a amazing account history with us or you would of not gotten that. There are plenty of people that say cancel and retentions gives them the door.

I'm sure the percentage over all is very small as to how many people call D* and ask for upgrades or free stuff. I'd say take the retention dept rout and see what they offer you. Maybe Showtime free for three months.....:) If you don't ask for something for free someone else will, and that is just the way it is, so why not you.

Most calls to our ACE department is I want a free upgrade there are alot of people calling even when it is not christmas.

out of 100 calls to that department which is busiest department in dtv

10 - are techs calling in because there handhelds or the activation ivr did not work and need to get an account activated
15 - are customers looking to bundle there directv service with phone and internet
10 - are calling to remove premium channels
5 - get transfered to other departments
10 - are people looking for "promotions" bill wise or channel wise
50 - People looking for free or reduced cost upgrades. Which alot of time we can do .

I say it never hurts to ask but playing a constant game of csr roullete at the same time not going to help either.

i cancelled my service saturday. i was offered either a free hddvr upgrade or a $200 bill credit to stay. i declined. i was with them six years with a one year break in service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts