30 For 30

But I need something MORE than they have a good season and won it all. Was there conflict? Was there some controversy? Was there tragedy? SOMETHING that took it OUTSIDE the play on the field/court/rink/diamond is what would attract those OUTSIDE of the local fans.

Well, you're talking about a come-out-of-nowhere story, at that time. Also, you can't beat the drama and unlikelihood of that shot - forget chrissy laettner and his sissy turnaround against the wildramys :)

Well, you're talking about a come-out-of-nowhere story, at that time. Also, you can't beat the drama and unlikelihood of that shot - forget chrissy laettner and his sissy turnaround against the wildramys :)

I am still trying to forget about it. lol

WOW....I saw the 30 for 30 called "Once Brothers" last night about the relationship between Drazen Petrovic and Vlade Divac...and how a miscommunication, media manipulation and war, separated 2 guys that were as close as brothers could be. What a sad, sad story ALL the way around. ANOTHER great special by ESPN.

Just watched yet another great film on 30 for 30: The Best That Never Was. The story of Marcus Dupree. Excellent. And I agree with you Salsa about the Once Brothers episode...wow!

Almost all of these films bring back memories, as well as educate me on all the things I wasn't fully aware of at the time they happened. I find myself looking forward to the next episode. For all ESPN's faults, "30 for 30" has turned out to be one of the best documentary series on TV.

Just watched yet another great film on 30 for 30: The Best That Never Was. The story of Marcus Dupree. Excellent. And I agree with you Salsa about the Once Brothers episode...wow!

Almost all of these films bring back memories, as well as educate me on all the things I wasn't fully aware of at the time they happened. I find myself looking forward to the next episode. For all ESPN's faults, "30 for 30" has turned out to be one of the best documentary series on TV.

I watched the Marcus Dupree episode last night. It was very good. Gotta love a story where the guy sets his mind to do something and does it...NEVER have to say, "I never tried".

I watched the Marcus Dupree episode last night. It was very good. Gotta love a story where the guy sets his mind to do something and does it...NEVER have to say, "I never tried".
You're right, made you feel good for the guy. But I couldn't help noticing the strong similarities with the Cam Newton situation today (although Dupree seemed to be a bit more honest and humble than what I've seen and heard of Newton). I think it's despicable how friends and relatives sometimes try to take monetary advantage of these kids' talents. In Dupree's case, Ken Fairley was a complete scumbag and should be made to pay for what he did to that kid (hmmm, wonder if he's somehow related to Nick Fairley, the dirty player from Auburn?).

You're right, made you feel good for the guy. But I couldn't help noticing the strong similarities with the Cam Newton situation today (although Dupree seemed to be a bit more honest and humble than what I've seen and heard of Newton). I think it's despicable how friends and relatives sometimes try to take monetary advantage of these kids' talents. In Dupree's case, Ken Fairley was a complete scumbag and should be made to pay for what he did to that kid (hmmm, wonder if he's somehow related to Nick Fairley, the dirty player from Auburn?).

I would think these university president would do something about these so-called "street agents" ....but IF you are a good school...they will do the dirty side of the recruiting buiness. It's a double edged sword.

Intresting 30 for 30 tonight, did not really know much about SMU other then the "Death Penalty" intrested in seeing how it all came about

I am guessing this was just a coencedence that this followed the Heisman Award show last night

Intresting 30 for 30 tonight, did not really know much about SMU other then the "Death Penalty" intrested in seeing how it all came about

I am guessing this was just a coencedence that this followed the Heisman Award show last night
I was thinking the same thing. A message to the Auburn boys perhaps? :D

That was another great 30 for 30 I thought. I lived in Dallas when all that was going down. The local news were vultures. Got to the bottom of things however. SMU has never been the same.

Finally got through the two hour SMU 30 for 30, intresting story. Intresting when they got busted they said they were not going to pay players but had to keep on doing it witht the existing players they had on "contract" becouse if they stopped someone would speak up and thats what eneded up causing the death penalty they got!

Looks like HBO will have a 30 for 30 kind of show "legends and legacies in 2011. UNLV Runnin rebels will be one of there first ones

Let's hope they deal MORE with the story and less about the sport or those involved. That is what has made the 30 for 30s stand out.

+1 to that. The concept of 30 for 30 is one of the best thought up things. I have watched most of them. The one I didnt watch the whole thing will disappoint Salsadance7 is "The U" I just dont like when schools think they are god like they go by "The U" or "The Ohio State".

I think the SMU 30 for 30 is one of my favorites. It will be interesting to see if the Sherwood Blount will ever speak.

+1 to that. The concept of 30 for 30 is one of the best thought up things. I have watched most of them. The one I didnt watch the whole thing will disappoint Salsadance7 is "The U" I just dont like when schools think they are god like they go by "The U" or "The Ohio State".

I think the SMU 30 for 30 is one of my favorites. It will be interesting to see if the Sherwood Blount will ever speak.

No worries Big..;) You do know why they call the university of Miami the U right?

These were my faves so far:

1) Two Escobars
2) Once brothers
3) Kings ransome
4) Who killed the USFL
5) The legend of Jimmie the Greek
6) The U
7) No crossover: the trial of Alan Iverson
8) Jordan rides the bus
9) Into the wind
10) Pony Excess

I have NOT seen:

-The guru of go
-June 17, 1994
-Little Big men
-Unmatched
-Tim Richmond: to the limit

I am really disappointed I did not see "guru" and "June 17th". But I have recorded all other ones.

No worries Big..;) You do know why they call the university of Miami the U right?

These were my faves so far:

1) Two Escobars
2) Once brothers
3) Kings ransome
4) Who killed the USFL
5) The legend of Jimmie the Greek
6) The U
7) No crossover: the trial of Alan Iverson
8) Jordan rides the bus
9) Into the wind
10) Pony Excess

I have NOT seen:

-The guru of go
-June 17, 1994
-Little Big men
-Unmatched
-Tim Richmond: to the limit

I am really disappointed I did not see "guru" and "June 17th". But I have recorded all other ones.

Sure do. I am a huge CF fan. I remember when they were good. It appears Miami is not what they use to be. Last I heard the issues were training facilitates there are a complete joke. I even heard that Minnesota had better training facilitates even before moving to TCF Bank Stadium.

Sure do. I am a huge CF fan. I remember when they were good. It appears Miami is not what they use to be. Last I heard the issues were training facilitates there are a complete joke. I even heard that Minnesota had better training facilitates even before moving to TCF Bank Stadium.

LOL!! I have go through this with tons of folks...no kid cares about facilities. It has everything to do with how fast will they play, their relationships with the coach and the winning tradition at the school. the ONLY people you hear mentioning "facilities" is coaches and those that are involved in aspect of recruiting...kids don't care. ALL of the major football programs have more or less the same facilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)