$30 less for comcast

Status
Please reply by conversation.

starbiker99

Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
I had Dish for 3 years and now have had Directv for 1 and really like the picture of both, but I am on my 5th TIVO box do to various issues. Comcast will give me a 2 tuner DVR and 2 digital boxes for $39.99/ month that's over 30 bucks less than I'm spending now. I called Directv and they will give me a $10 credit for 6 months. Will I regret it if I switch to the dreaded cable they have no contract so I can always come back.

Same here. 3 year dishnet 1 year DIrect.

Now my Cox Cable has lowered the prices on all boxes.

Cable is now a lot cheaper using there Dual tuner HD DVR once you figure in Dishnetworks and Direct TVs prices increases due in March.

ARE THINGS CHANGING?

What are others seeing? Please post em.

The key is to compare Digtal with DVRs.

I really would like to use PIP again I haven't seen that on my big screen in years.

The battle is heating up between the sat and cable. I just went back to Charter since their HD service didn't require any equipment purchase and my monthly fee for bascially identical services (TC+ with the sports pak and HD) is almost exactly the same... not counting TAX on cable! So it's $7 more per month. But I didn't have to shell out $300 for an HD box and I can cancel whenever I want.

My experience in switching back to Charter showed me that cable customer service still sucks horribly. But Direct's customer service is not exactly Nordstrom-like either... again, that's in my experience with having Direct for the last 12 months.

I mean, just try to cancel your Direct service, there's no option for it on their automated system or website and then they throw a last minute deal at you to get you to stay. In my case, it was a $200 credit if I stay and get the HD box. But then I'm locked in for 12 months. My guess is, I'll probably get some special offer to come back in the mail from Direct in a couple of months and then, if I decide Charter sucks, I can just switch back again.

I fell victim

I must tell you, this is the exact same situation I ran across. I've been a DirecTV customer for over a year with the DTivo box. I called Comcast because my community has a bulk package. The price was ridiculously cheap, would've been saving me like $20 a month (including the new stand-alone Tivo subscription I would've needed). So, I cancelled my D* and Comcast came by and gave me the 2 crappiest cable boxes I have ever seen (didn't even have S-Video). Anyways, I got them up and running but the picture was no comparison to satellite. You just can't beat an all digital signal, nor can you beat the speed and quality of the DTivo units.

I called back D* a week later and begged them for the $15/mo discount they had offered me when I initially called to cancel. After an hour or so on the phone, I was back up on D*. Ripped out those stupid cable boxes and dropped them off at my local Comcast office.

Long Live DirecTV!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)