36' Dish to hit 123 and 125 satellites

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Ok.
Ive decided to take the motor off the dish I have currently and try to mainly hit123 W..would 125 be possible to hit at the same time, or are they too close..Also, would I need a different LNB?..Also, when taking off the motor, how do I connect the LNB to the receiver?..Will I have to change anything there?..Thanks for any info..

Pretty sure that 2 degree spacing is too close to get with a dish of that size (focal length is too short), you might be able to do 2 sats that are 4 degrees apart.

If your LNB was working before it should be fine and it will hook up as you had it, just take the motor out of the signal chain.

some other members accomplished this with 1.2m dishes though. however, it does depend a lot on your location.

Two degree spacing can be watch with a good quality low dB LNBF, this work with the strong signal TYPs.

In the evil mind department, you could take a Superdish 119/121 feed (generally cheap on eBay), swap out the 119 DSS LNB with another FSS LNB (like is on the 121 feed), but mount it rotated by 45 degrees to convert this to linear polarization. The LNBs are bandstacked, which may be good or bad for you. If the rotated feed has the polarizations swapped, rotate it 90 degrees one way or the other. There are lots of tricks that can be played with Superdish leftovers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts