36" dish with sonicview 360 elite, problem=0% quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
95W and 97W are only two degrees apart, so you probably won't be able to get them on the same dish. You really need a minimum of 4 degrees of space between two satellites on the same dish (example 93W and 97W), because the physical size of the LNBs prevents them from being placed close enough together for 2 degrees.

I finally locked on to a satellite (111.0°W Anik F2 Ku).
However, the receiver keep saying "Please update the newest SW"???
Channel: Learn 1 on 111.0w does not use any Encryption so why doesn't it display any video?

1-While I research for this issue, I found someone people mention about keys for receiver, can anyone explain to what are these "keys" for, do I need it for LEGAL FTA?
Sonicview SV-360 Elite & SV-360 Premier - How To Manually Enter Keys

2-There seen to be bin files for sv360 elite, do I need those files?

3-How do I obtain latest factory firmware for my sv360e and how do I know what the latest version is? I checked factory web site but doesn't have a date on the file.
Sonicview USA - Support

4-What is the relationship between bin files and factory firmware?

Thank you for your time :)

Hi,
I am also new to this hobby.
I used to have sv360 premier and got the same error you are getting. Try to search for a "Clean" file for sv360e then update the latest f/w from the sonicview website. Follow the directions with the clean file.
1 & 2. I don't think you need any keys or bin files to get fta channels.
3. Whatever is on sonic website is the latest f/w.
4. Don't worry about those bin files if you want only fta channels.
btw, I was so much fed up with my sv360p that I returned it for pansat 150m and got it working with G19 at 97W with the help of so many helpful people here..
You have to be very patient when aligning dish, just move 1/8" and wait about 5 seconds till the receiver sees the change.
btw, it is much better to have a small tv near the dish to see the levels.
Good luck.

BIN just means a binary file. Firmware files are generally called "BINs" since they are binary files. Two names for the same thing. You could have a BIN file that is factory firmware or one that is hackware, and they would still both be BINs.

Thanks Tron.

Can you tell me about iHub, I know what it does BUT not sure if I really need it for FTA?

Do I have to add in all the missing transporter number manually or blind scan will scan everything which included the missing transporter too.

iHub , it's a "hack" item, definitely not needed for FTA.
A blind scan will usually find and save all the transponders and channels on a sat.
Blind scans can usually be set to FTA channels only, or All.
FTA only will only save the FTA channels
All will save All Channels.
Either will save all Transponders
finally locked on to a satellite (111.0°W Anik F2 Ku)
If you're still looking for G 19 you are too far west and too low. Compare your elevation reading on the dish to the elevation of ANIK F2 for your location at Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com , Take note of the discrepancy, if any. Then at Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com, look up G19 parameters. Adjust dish and feed skew as necessary. Manually store in the receiver one of the transponders info listed on SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - TheList for G 19 Ku. (if not already in TP list) Fine tune Adjustments for maximum "Q".
NOTE: Q will only register if, while in the dish tuning mode, an active transponder, on the desired satellite, is selected.

JUNK

Mr. Twang,

I hate to say this to you or anyone, but I really must if I wish to be honest with my friends here on this site. The receiver you have (SonicView) was a hacker box by design. I recommend that you unload it, dispose of it, get rid of it. I had a SV 360 Premier sent to me to evaluate free of charge and I don't even know who sent it to me or why. I played with it for months! I could never get it to work right.

I loaned it to my brother and he tried it out and we both came up with the same conclusion, it is a (can I say it?) Piece of dog crap!

Mr. Twang, and everyone else reading this, please trust my judgment here. I am trying to save you some awful headaches. I experimented with this box and so did my brother. These boxes are no good for FTA use. They are not even good for motor controls either (with USALS or with DiSEqC 1.2). I wasted an entire summer trying to get one 360 box to play ball and I gave up. My brother gave up, too. He was almost pissed at me for just giving it to him. Neither one of us wish to see this receiver again.

Please take my advice and dump it. You are never going to make it work properly for FTA use as it was designed to be a hack box, only. That is my impression and I am pretty good at impressions and I never steer anyone off course.

I have mentioned this several times over the past few years. I am sorry that you did not see my warnings before you bought one. My advice to you is to dump it on EBay and let some other shmuck deal with it... No, I take that back. Take a 3 LB sledgehammer to it, crush the damn thing and send the pieces back to SonicView with a note of thanks for the learning experience.

I am sorry Mr. Twang, but I went through it all and I truly want to spare you the Bullsh!t on this receiver. Please take my advice seriously. I don't usually need to explain these negative items often. They are few and far between. But, even if this company desires to clean up its reputation, it cannot do so for me.

You will be on your own for advice from me regarding this make and model. I won't support it or acknowledge that it even exists. That is how strongly I feel about the situation.

I personally did not get burned here, but I know that many others did. These SV's are not cheap (pricewise) and if you got burned on the deal, I am sorry. But, I wish you would throw it back at them.

Signed... Gordy

(I only sign my posts with my real name when I am being very personable or very serious, this time I am both).

Hi Mr.Twang,

Right now I'm using a SonicView Elite with a motorized 39' dish and it works just fine (I've been using the recorder quite often and have my HD almost full).

At the beginning I had issues with a bad LNB which made it extremelly frustrating for me (imagine a newbie trying to set up a dish and had zero quality even though all the dish settings were perfect). After changing the LNB it was all good.

Regarding the "SW update" message, just get a clean firmware version and you'll be all set to watch FTA channels. If by any reason you still have issues aiming the dish, just buy a satellite finder in ebay and use www.dishpointer.com to start the process all over again.

So far my SonicView (was bought brand new) has been good to me, so if you bring it to factory settings, I don't see any reason to throw it out (IMHO).

Cheers

I heard that there's a whole electronics hardware difference between premier and elite models. I had a premier and eventually got it replaced with a Pansat. Elite's are known to be better a model.
My 2 cents.:)

you will only get that error messege "upgrade to newest software" if you are using hacker software on the receiver....as others suggested use the "cleaner" file a few times and load the latest FACTORY software from sonicviewusa.com

the elite is definitely a MUCH better model than the premier...they look the same on the outside but the internal components are completely different and the elite has better quality components

no need for an IHub that is for hacking purposes only

Can someone provide my the steps on how to use the "cleaner" program for my svelite360. I tried to contact sonic view but they never got back to me.

The only method I know how to bring svelite up to date is using the firmware found on sonicview's site. I have done that but it does not seem to fix any problem. Sonicview didn't mention anything about "cleaner" program.

Thank you everyone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)