4/8/2009 1:10pm - Uplink Activity Report - 93 changes - STILL NOT VIACOM

I don't expect anything other than the service I am getting today. It is too hard to trust what Dish says what will come tomorrow. Heck, for some, they are lucky to keep the programming that they have! They have cried wolf too many times.

mike123abc said:
Hard to believe a market as small as ours is going both EA/WA. KSWO must be waiting on a fiber link. KAUZ launched first then KFDX and KJTL launched knocking out KAUZ for a few weeks! At least they have KAUZ back working. When they add KSWO they will probably knock out the other 3!

The funny thing is E* already has a fiber line drawn from the tower for KSWO. It sounds to me like the hold up with channel 7 (ABC) is entirely on the end of E*.

Consider this: KJTL, channel 18 Wichita Falls (FOX) and KSWO, channel 7 (ABC) Lawton both send their primary over the air signals from the same tower in Grandfield, OK. Why is it that E* is able to carry the HD signal for KJTL on two satellite birds while not carrying the ABC station coming from the same tower on any bird at all? It is a very strange situation. Someone somewhere is lying about the situation. Maybe E* doesn't have enough bandwidth to carry KSWO in our market. Or perhaps the truth is KSWO wants too much money to retransmit its signal -regardless of public declarations that it has given E* permission to retransmit.

The Wichita Falls, TX - Lawton, OK viewing market may seem like very small potatoes to most people in this forum. However, this market is very near the geographic center of the United States. That factor alone would make it easy for E* to offer both EA and WA local HD channel service. We're just in the right area of the country to have it happen. Those who don't like it can just move out here. There's plenty of room. Low cost of living. The economy isn't in the toilet (like it is in most places). The welcome mat has been placed.

The funny thing is E* already has a fiber line drawn from the tower for KSWO. It sounds to me like the hold up with channel 7 (ABC) is entirely on the end of E*.

Consider this: KJTL, channel 18 Wichita Falls (FOX) and KSWO, channel 7 (ABC) Lawton both send their primary over the air signals from the same tower in Grandfield, OK. Why is it that E* is able to carry the HD signal for KJTL on two satellite birds while not carrying the ABC station coming from the same tower on any bird at all? It is a very strange situation. Someone somewhere is lying about the situation. Maybe E* doesn't have enough bandwidth to carry KSWO in our market. Or perhaps the truth is KSWO wants too much money to retransmit its signal -regardless of public declarations that it has given E* permission to retransmit.

The Wichita Falls, TX - Lawton, OK viewing market may seem like very small potatoes to most people in this forum. However, this market is very near the geographic center of the United States. That factor alone would make it easy for E* to offer both EA and WA local HD channel service. We're just in the right area of the country to have it happen. Those who don't like it can just move out here. There's plenty of room. Low cost of living. The economy isn't in the toilet (like it is in most places). The welcome mat has been placed.

That is if Echostar is getting the signal from the tower. More likely it goes to the studio, FOX/NBC is in Wichita Falls with KAUZ right down the street.

Seriously though guys... Don't you think that E* is waiting for D* to launch some HD then E* will just say Oh here are the Viacom channels just to show they launched more HD. I'm thinking that if E* launches the viacom HD's then when D* announces a launch of more HD channels like travel channel, E* won't have anything to counter with. So I'm guessing when D* launches, so will E*

That is if Echostar is getting the signal from the tower. More likely it goes to the studio, FOX/NBC is in Wichita Falls with KAUZ right down the street.

Sounds kinda weird to run fiber to the tower when most the time towers are in rural locations. I always hear of them getting it from the studio.

Seriously though guys... Don't you think that E* is waiting for D* to launch some HD then E* will just say Oh here are the Viacom channels just to show they launched more HD. I'm thinking that if E* launches the viacom HD's then when D* announces a launch of more HD channels like travel channel, E* won't have anything to counter with. So I'm guessing when D* launches, so will E*
That doesnt make any sense. Why be a follower? Be a leader for once.
As for The travel channel hd, E* can counter with "we have been offering that channel". How bout E* launching them and then let D* worry about following E*

Why?? He's already done that and look at all the crap he's taken for it!!

He doesn't need to make claims he knows he won't follow through on to make DN look better compared to their competitors who do offer the product. I put this in the same category as the bogus HD channel counts. A simple acknowledgement of the issue eliminates the problem. I'm still waiting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)