40" C/Ku - Band Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
90 cm mini bud

Watching an analog WB channel on AMC 3 TP 15 on my 90 cm mini bud . Some sparkles , but watchable .

This shows up as a VC II channel , but I am presently getting a picture . Some VC II channels give the nag screen . Are the VC II channels turner on , from time to time ?

This is a non-modded blue VC II + module .

Some channels are almost as good as rabbit ears ( the 2 religious channels on Galexy 4 ) . Some channels are almost lost in snow .

I am receiving from AMC 3 to AMC 10 .

Using the 30 degree LNB and a Stab HH100 motor .

Wyr

Ok, I'm still not having any luck with my miniBUD setup. Just to clarify in case I just have the wrong impression of what exactly is possible here.. The MiniBUD *IS* or *IS NOT* able to get *DIGITAL* *DVB* signals? I'm with the impression that it could.. but I'm not finding that to be the case at all.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

DapOrp said:
Ok, I'm still not having any luck with my miniBUD setup. Just to clarify in case I just have the wrong impression of what exactly is possible here.. The MiniBUD *IS* or *IS NOT* able to get *DIGITAL* *DVB* signals? I'm with the impression that it could.. but I'm not finding that to be the case at all.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

I started off with a 15 degree LNB ( but it developed intermittant problems ) . I could get a FEW DVB-S C band channels .

I had to go back to the 30 degree LNB . I have gotton signal quality on a few TP's , but can not remember if I ever got any channels . Wil have to go & check . Try G 4 .

Wyr

Edit ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G4 -> With the 30 degree LNB , I get some DVB-S channels that are on the verge of locking , very heavy pictilization . Get the " hotter " LNB .

Wyr

Last edited:
I would aim for the DIGITAL channel ASN on the Anik F1 Satellite @ 107w, VERY STRONG digital picture!

I had luck with blind scanning! A lot of channles pop in that way rather than pointing the dish looking for signal quality!

PSB said:
I would aim for the DIGITAL channel ASN on the Anik F1 Satellite @ 107w, VERY STRONG digital picture!
I had luck with blind scanning! A lot of channles pop in that way rather than pointing the dish looking for signal quality!

I tried F1 without any luck . Is the footprint for that sat aimed north ? To Canada ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

WyrTwister said:
I tried F1 without any luck . Is the footprint for that sat aimed north ? To Canada ?
Thanks ,
Wyr

F1 covers to the Mexican border and farther...Its the same satellite StarChoice was using

GlobeCast/Channel Master Eliptical Dish

Got a question for you mini-bud experamentors. I been looking at the GlobeCast/
Channel Master eliptical dish as a substitute for a used Primestar dish. Does anybody have any experience using this dish for C Band or KU Band?

Thanks,
Jim

ChannelMaster at one time did make Primestar Dishes

My Primestar dish at home says Channelmaster on the back :)

Only problem my Globecast dish is 36x26"

40" or 1m seems to be the min. size for this project.....worth a try!

Some members have been asking about a C-Band LNBF on a 40" P* dish, this thread has some results.

Thinking about revamping this project as I only have a partial view to the Clarke Belt at ground level, so a 2nd C-Band set-up may be in order.

Tring this setup- fiberglass 43" using BSC421

Got my C-Band LNB BSC421 on a fiberglass 43 (Thanks PSB for quick shipment for the LNB)

I been searching but I got nothing yet. Close but no quality.

I have a working motrized KU setup on a Winegard 30"

The LNB is thicker that the other lu lnb.

I may try to mount the fiberglass 43 and replace the Winegard 30 and rig up something.

Anyone has 3 lnb on a motor?

c-band, ku, ntsc, dvb?

Not only does the LNBF have to be at the right focal distance from the dish, you have to make sure you get the new LNB at the right height in the holder, you may have to fabricate one!

I did remind you C-Band on this size of dish is a fun project only!

I would aim for the ASN C-Band channel!

http://www.lyngsat.com/anikf1r.html

Hey Isberg, Can a Xtreme II get both? I cannot rememebr what model LNB I have but it is small like that one.
I have a old DTV LNB.
I thought the old DTV lnb gets DVB only .

Something like that.

Hey PSB do you happen rememebr what LNB you 1st sold me?
I forgot the model #.

Iceberg said:
NTSC just means its analog
DVB is digital

same LNB can get both :)

Can't remember what LNBF. But it will work for Ku digital and analog.

Anyone have PICS of the Inventions?

Anyone have PICS of the Inventions?
I will post mine soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts