4D Map Master Latest Update May 26th 2011

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I added a snapshot of the Map Master beta program for you guys to get a sneak peak at on my website now.

I added a snapshot of the Map Master beta program for you guys to get a sneak peak at on my website now.

It is looking great I can see I will eventually have to order the USBBDM NT Cable.

Will you be able to backup your current maps and then load the new maps?

Candid

Our beta version does that. It may not be necessary in a final version it all depends on what works best. We have everyones best interest at heart. Motorola abandoned us. We had two choices --- Let our receivers that some of us payed hundreds to a thousand dollars for ( I payed $575.00 approx in 2006) end up as a bookend or locked to X4 --- or do something about it ourselves. Guess what, I don't want a brick because some company that could care less about us said thats what you get for doing business with them in the past.

Our beta version does that. It may not be necessary in a final version it all depends on what works best. We have everyones best interest at heart. Motorola abandoned us. We had two choices --- Let our receivers that some of us payed hundreds to a thousand dollars for ( I payed $575.00 approx in 2006) end up as a bookend or locked to X4 --- or do something about it ourselves. Guess what, I don't want a brick because some company that could care less about us said thats what you get for doing business with them in the past.

What about the satellite locations that would be associated with the current maps, would you loose your setting from loading the new maps? The option to backup is always a nice and safe option to keep.

Candid

Right now when you modify things the receivers do a MR. We are working bugs out. I don't want to speculate now exactly what the final product will have since I don't know. That is in our head programmers hands. We have to solve things and see what works best, it's not a cakewalk by any means. Many hours are being put into all this. When the time comes near to release all important information will be on my website. You will need a USBBDM NT cable. It is the easiest way to interface to these IRD's. That you will have to get from Welcome to USB JTAG Trust me the finished product will be excellent. Our head programmer has some awesome qualifications :)

...You will need a USBBDM NT cable. It is the easiest way to interface to these IRD's...

When the time comes, I plan to install the BDM adapter internally to the header. Then, permanently add a USB connection to the back of the 922. That way, everything is contained & you don't have to worry about the cable getting yanked and bending the header pins. I'll probably just leave it connected to my HTPC at all times... as long as that doesn't cause any problems.

Cheers

I would use a 10 pin extension to behind the tv pass/cam door myself. I would not leave the USBBDM connected when not in use.

Right now test units are topless :eek: ;)

Last edited:
If you really wanted to get fancy, you could switch it with a 10PDT switch... presuming you could find one, lol. Your 10 pin extension cable might be a simpler solution. ;)

Cheers

PS; I'm sure I've said it before, but I'm really glad you guys chose this adapter.

The BDM thingy was the easiest way. I would like to have seen a RF device or tv pass device. That would be neat, would have cost some good bucks though.

It is looking great I can see I will eventually have to order the USBBDM NT Cable.

Will you be able to backup your current maps and then load the new maps?

Candid

I hope I can find my cable when the project is finished. :eek:

I would use a 10 pin extension to behind the tv pass/cam door myself. I would not leave the USBBDM connected when not in use.

Right now test units are topless :eek: ;)

I have 10 conductor ribbon extension from bdm header to behind passcard slot door, works great. When I get ready to play, I just plug the usbjtag interface into the cable. She don't have anything fun to play with under her top anyways, so she can leave it on if you get an extension ribbon. LOL

I do not recommend leaving the usbjtag plugged in all the time, it can and WILL cause problems with the box. Hope all you guys with a 4DTV will keep a minimum subscription to H2H.

I have 10 conductor ribbon extension from bdm header to behind passcard slot door, works great. When I get ready to play, I just plug the usbjtag interface into the cable. She don't have anything fun to play with under her top anyways, so she can leave it on if you get an extension ribbon. LOL

I do not recommend leaving the usbjtag plugged in all the time, it can and WILL cause problems with the box. Hope all you guys with a 4DTV will keep a minimum subscription to H2H.

I will probably make a bracket and put a 10 pin header behind the door on my main units when they are installed and working in the rack.

BTW have you looked at the A4 firmware on our board? No RC bug :)

I second everyone keeping some subs on H2H

Last edited:

can you provide some pictures so I can see what you are talking about? Is the passcard slot door to the front of the 922 receiver?

Candid

can you provide some pictures so I can see what you are talking about? Is the passcard slot door to the front of the 922 receiver?

Candid
TV PassCard slot is front left of the 922 - door has the manufacturer name on it.

tvropro, I just noticed this on your web site in the latest update...

4D Map Master Update said:
If you were thinking of ordering the USB BDM NT cable, please wait. There may be some issues with current product.

What's up? Is there a different solution being looked at?

Cheers

EDIT; Does issues with "current product" mean our 4D units, or the current batch of USBBDMs?

tvropro, I just noticed this on your web site in the latest update...

What's up? Is there a different solution being looked at?

Cheers

EDIT; Does issues with "current product" mean our 4D units, or the current batch of USBBDMs?

Tvropro was referring to the USBBDM cable. There may be a quality control issue with current batch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)