Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
Hi guys, I'm back with more reception woes :(

My setup:

DSR922 4DTV (Subbed)
Solid 8ft Off-Set with Ku LNB
Mesh 12ft Primefocus with dual C-Band LNBs

My problem:

None of the channels on Transponder 11 will come in on my box, there's no DC lock, nothing.

Other channels (Speed for example) are okay. The guide shows the channels that are on transponder 11, and the software has been updated to the latest "EC" version.

A quick check on Lyngsat gives the following information:

Speed Channel is on transponder 6, 11820 V, SR 19510, FEC 3/4
BBC America E is on transponder 11, 11920 H, SR 19510, FEC 3/4

The only differences are frequency and polarity, SR and FEC are the same.

Suggestions greatly welcome! :confused:

TIA

I'd first check that under the dish settings menu, you have the proper LNB types selected. Assuming you have an LNBF for the Ku-band, make sure it's identified in the selection box. Otherwise the receiver won't send the proper control voltages to the LNBF and the polarity won't change. Next I'd hit the left or right arrow while on the troublesome channel. That will bring up a status screen that shows your picture quality. If the picture quality is low, you won't receive a picture. You may need to tweak the antenna a little. Remember, Ku-band is very picky and the antenna/LNBF needs to be set up as good as possible. Have fun.

Are you sure your provider has all of those channels? Through NPS, I only get a couple of these. TCM being one I watch often. GSN is one I get, but I don't ever watch it. If you are supposed to be getting them, you need to call your provider and get a rehit.

Al

Thanks for that thought voomvoom.

I'm not currently subbed to those channels, however they do show in the guide, BUT I don't get a DC lock.

I thought (please correct me if wrong) that even without a sub, the channel would come in and I'd get a "You need a subscription" message, which I'm not getting, what I see is "Unable to find channel, still searching".

Cheers!

You are correct, you should be getting a lock of some kind. Try peeking the signal, by bumping it east or west. And, only if necessary, you can try to adjust your elevation.

Al

Thanks for that thought voomvoom.

I'm not currently subbed to those channels, however they do show in the guide, BUT I don't get a DC lock.

I thought (please correct me if wrong) that even without a sub, the channel would come in and I'd get a "You need a subscription" message, which I'm not getting, what I see is "Unable to find channel, still searching".

Cheers!

SRL offers 90% of the Ku-band HITS feeds on Galaxy-4R Ku, I get 89-99 quality on all channels on that satellite with a warped big hole rusted down dish :) I do not sub to any of the feeds though, and yes you can see the quality without a sub.

X4-603 is free, well was last I looked, if you are not getting that then the dish may not be aligned well enough for Ku-band or you may have a wrong setting selected in the menu.

After making sure your setting are correct, and that both H and V channels are working on other satellites go to a channel on X4 where you get quality, get the quality meter up and bupm the dish and skew it (skew: if you have a lnb) and get the quality as high as you can, if it is still low and the other are not coming in, have somebody go outside and gently push down on the dish, keep an eye on the quality, also have them push up after, if the quality jumps up you must go to work outside :)

Your feed may be off a little also, see here for great info:
http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp2.html

Hermitman was correct, such a n00b mistake.

My LNB setting was wrong, it was set to Ku-Band LNB instead of Ku-Band LNBF

Changed the setting and everything is ok now.

tdti1 thanks for the tip on programming providers I'm gonna check that out!

Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)