4dtv help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
1. Can you use FTA KU Dish to receive X4 if connected to the 4dtv box and aimed at X4?

2. Is this a good signal reading for the G1 movie channels (HBO/MAX) Signal 100 Quality 58?

3. Is the 4dtv supposed to make a clicking noise when changing satellites?

Thanks.

1. Yes

2. It could be better, but you should be okay (unless it rains!)

3. I'm going to say no. Presuming the dish is motorised, I'd be concerned that the actuator is overloading the receiver.

1. Yes you can if you wish.

2. That is very low, what size dish do you have? is anything in your line of site?

3. Yes the 4dtv and I think all old analog IRD's make a sound when it moves and stops.

3. I'm going to say no. Presuming the dish is motorised, I'd be concerned that the actuator is overloading the receiver.

Example, when I go from G1 to G5, I hear a single click inside the receiver and it moves just fine. Other than the click, I didn't know if that was normal.

Also, how would I connect my KU Dish to the 4dtv, loop thru FTA box and connect in the 2nd coax K/? on the back? Would this get me X4 if the KU dish is at 99 degrees?

2. That is very low, what size dish do you have? is anything in your line of site?

10' mesh, trees in the distance but not interfering, great PQ -- just didn't know if this was too low or what....I have seen several posts about this.

This morning I had a quality of 67, now its down to 54, then to 60, then to 58 tonight, clear skies here too. But no pixelation.

how would I connect my KU Dish to the 4dtv, loop thru FTA box and connect in the 2nd coax K/? on the back? Would this get me X4 if the KU dish is at 99 degrees?
I've never tried it this way, but it should work. You can also try it on AMC3 ku (K3) for PBS and GPB (Ga. Public Broadcasting).

Al

I am about to tinker with the KU I guess.....LOL -- I always gotta be making a mess of something! Just can't sit still. :cool:

I understand now, single click when dish starts to move and again when it stops is normal, it is the relay that passes power to the actuator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)