4K Events Discussion Thread

i have a new sony 4k hdr tv and when i put it on channel 540.3 i get no signal and it locks up !
Might be the HDMI cable. Are you connecting directly or through a receiver?

Reactions: rodder
I just got the newest 4K Fire Stick from Amazon and they have added a, I guess false, HDR setting where everything is viewed (even menus etc.) in "HDR". You can also cancel that so that only programs that truly are HDR (in my case, HDR 10 because my LG OLED is now so old :eek) but I kinda like the effect, so I am leaving on.

I just got the newest 4K Fire Stick from Amazon and they have added a, I guess false, HDR setting where everything is viewed (even menus etc.) in "HDR". You can also cancel that so that only programs that truly are HDR (in my case, HDR 10 because my LG OLED is now so old :eek) but I kinda like the effect, so I am leaving on.
Of course you can’t get channel 540 on that 4K Fire Stick so it really doesn’t fit in this thread... ;) :)

Is dish going to add March madness in ultra 4k hd like DirecTV is going to.
I don't see that DirecTV is going to show March Madness in 4K. That is a CBS production. They are going to show the Big 10 Tournament in 4K though and it looks like Dish is going to show at least half of it, the FS1 games, in 4K...

And that is not March Madness which is the NCAA College Basketball Tournament. But, thanks for pointing out my error, It is the Big East Tournament that will be on Dish.
I have always thought that the term "March Madness" was a bit of a misnomer. It does not include the entire month of March, and the Final Four and championship games are not until April. In any event, I should probably Unlike your previous post, which got my hopes up, but I am too lazy to do so.
I don't see that DirecTV is going to show March Madness in 4K. That is a CBS production. They are going to show the Big 10 Tournament in 4K though and it looks like Dish is going to show at least half of it, the FS1 games, in 4K...

I have always thought that the term "March Madness" was a bit of a misnomer. It does not include the entire month of March, and the Final Four and championship games are not until April.
When I was growing up, few cared about the NCAA Tournament. The NIT was considered more important.

Of course, back then, you still had College Allstars play the NFL winner in Chicago.

Reactions: pattykay
Looking at one of my sources, I see the Big 10 Tournament is going to be televised on the Big Ten Network. That is majority owned by Fox. So, there is a maybe there. We’ll have to wait and see.

Reactions: pattykay
Hey folks go to channel 540-01 you can see what full time uhd channels are.available from ses hey dish good time to go ahead and add these channels to our lineup please thank you

Uhd1
Travelxp
Naturevision
NASA.uhd
Insight uhd
Fashion one uhd
Beyond tv
4kuniverse
The country Network

Big east.tournamemt 5:30-8pmcdt 540-01
And 8-10pmcdt both.are.semifinals.