4K install and equipment question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Even if you don't have a Reverse Band capable LNB, the tech. is required to install one with all 4K upgrades

But for now, look on the HR44 for the LNB data in "System Info & Test" ----> "Genie info." under the receiver settings.

If you already have a Reverse Band LNB, then you should see "Reverse Band" listed next to a "RB/INTL" catagory.

The RB is for future-proofing as DIRECTV eventually plans to move all 4K programming there.

Ill take a look in a sec....actually on phone with DTV inquiring about 4K....she is telling me she can simply swap out C41 with a C61K without changing genies....IE HS17 or HR54.....and Ill get 4K.....wrong right??

Ill take a look in a sec....actually on phone with DTV inquiring about 4K....she is telling me she can simply swap out C41 with a C61K without changing genies....IE HS17 or HR54.....and Ill get 4K.....wrong right??

ad the c61k is wired vs wireless. so not that simple
add in the genie needs moved.

cs sometimes has 'issues'

Reactions: cpd5215
Even if you don't have a Reverse Band capable LNB, the tech. is required to install one with all 4K upgrades

But for now, look on the HR44 for the LNB data in "System Info & Test" ----> "Genie info." under the receiver settings.

If you already have a Reverse Band LNB, then you should see "Reverse Band" listed next to a "RB/INTL" catagory.

The RB is for future-proofing as DIRECTV eventually plans to move all 4K programming there.

Actually looking now while on hold since I questioned her about her explanation of 4K....Next to RB/INTL, I see "None selected"....

So she comes back from talking to her boss and will offer me C61K with HR54 upgrade at no cost and is saying she is waiving the $7 box fee for C61k.....should I go for it?

also note, you will most likely get a 2 year contract, and be stuck with this setup for that timeframe

... I'd avoid the HS17, get the 44 upgraded to the 54, and swap the C41 for the C61K. The RB3 is also no charge, and all of this should cost nothing (except the adding
of 4K content to your regular programming). Watch the tech when he swaps the lnb and make sure he performs the EIV test at the dish and YOU WANT TO SEE ALL
SEVEN CHECK MARKS on his AIM meter ... too many techs just hit and run ;)

... I'd avoid the HS17, get the 44 upgraded to the 54, and swap the C41 for the C61K. The RB3 is also no charge, and all of this should cost nothing (except the adding
of 4K content to your regular programming). Watch the tech when he swaps the lnb and make sure he performs the EIV test at the dish and YOU WANT TO SEE ALL

Thanks a lot for that advice. I appreciate it.

Or you can just let him do his job ...

You are not going to see the 7 check marks on his meter and you don't know what they mean anyways.
Just check your recvr numbers on the HR54 when the swap is done.

Or you can just let him do his job ...

You are not going to see the 7 check marks on his meter and you don't know what they mean anyways.
Just check your recvr numbers on the HR54 when the swap is done.

Lol. But the tech should install LBN 3 right?

There isn't any charge for 4k, not yet anyways.

Reactions: Jimbo and cpd5215
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts