$6.99 pay per view

lloyde6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I was going to rent the movie Abduction on pay per view . When I tried it came up $6.99.
Whats up with that , another Christmas present from dish? Also the movie Roadie was $9.99.
I thought pay per view was $4.99 .

Thanks for the reply Matt. I only have SD and never recall seeing a movie priced that high thats why i was wondering what was going on.

God what is Dish smoking, looks like this movie sucks.
IMDB 4.3 out of 10 stars.
Rotten Tomatoes 3.2 out of 10.

No kidding. But one wonders what Dish customers are smoking to buy any of these PPV movies for more than the occasional $.99 promotional rate. Yet Dish continues to sell this stuff somehow, and even go to the extremes of putting VOD in two places, or attempt to drive customers to DishOnline where there is still more PPV and even less convenience (IMHO) compared to watching on my TVs.

I was such a bad movie that even DISH dosen't want you to order it. :D

Good point Scott . My Daughter wanted to watch it because the one actor is from the Twilight movies .
Looks like Dish saved me money after all because I would have rented it if it was $4.99.

My opinion, Why should they be charging this much in the first place. $6.99 for a rental or go to blockbuster for $1.99 or $2.99 or redbox for less then a $1.50. It makes no sense as to why they charge so much per rental. They would have a lot more people renting if they were a $1 or even $2. But I guess the movie industry probably doesn't want your money and they would prefer to sell you the movie or have you go to an outragously price movie in the theater.

If pay per view were reasonably priced I'd consider renting the occasional movie, but, as stated in an earlier post the internet allows me to watch what ever I want for little to nothing $ in hd.

My opinion, Why should they be charging this much in the first place. $6.99 for a rental or go to blockbuster for $1.99 or $2.99 or redbox for less then a $1.50. It makes no sense as to why they charge so much per rental. They would have a lot more people renting if they were a $1 or even $2. But I guess the movie industry probably doesn't want your money and they would prefer to sell you the movie or have you go to an outragously price movie in the theater.

Convenience, cost of time and gas to go to rental store or wait for shipping. They have people highly skilled in deciding how much to charge to maximize revenue.

No way I'm paying $5-6 for a movie, when I have a Redbox in the area. Even a local video store is matching Redbox prices. $1.50 for Bluray.

inazsully said:
BBMP is certainly the logical choice. Remember, Red Box is unable to provide many new releases for 30 days beyond release date.

This would make sense if bb had access to more than 1 bd per new release. It sometimes takes longer than a month for them to ship out a new release

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts