7 New Channels added, Is it true?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Someone is reporting that 7 new channels have just been added at the Yahoo Group. If someone can verify, please do. One of them is Starz-HD.

P.S. changed title...

261 & 262 STARZHD

are the only new channels. I just confirmed with my wife. All the other channels had been already in VOOM. You need to reboot the system in order for the channels to show up in PG.

I thought the others were already in VOOM, maybe I am wrong. My wife did not see any PPV channel so that still up in the air.

Ok. I guess those were not in before. You can see that I rarely watch those SD channels. The PPV will be in on the 13th for the Boxing. No PPV channel number.

No Spice - HD, but that maybe just a few days or hours away... As I had the wife go through the entire channel lineup (risky proposition). I wonder what she would have said if spice-hd showed up in the line up. Ah ah. :)

Here are the channels
STARZ HD EAST 261
STARZ HD WEST 262
STARZ 263
STARZ Family 264
ENCORE 265
ENCORE LOVE STORIES 266
ENCORE MYSTERIES 267

I wonder what happened to this one. Why it was not added? The whole package I assumed it would have included this one as well.

268 ENCORE TRUE STORIES

Are you VOOMERS happy now with Starz HD? This one is one that E* nor D* have.
youpi.gif

Happy as a bug. Finally, Voom scores big and trumps both D and E. I really want to watch both LOTR's in HD. I may have to pull the trigger over the next week or two and dump all the excess baggage I have with Direct.

PPV is supposed to be added by 12/13 for the free boxing but it hasn't. I thought for a moment that it was already added. Not yet.

Spice-HD will be free I am assuming. The whole idea is that it is a promotional thing.

PPV off the guide says No programs of this type. Are you talking about 311 for the rare NFL HD?

Agree. By Dec 13th, VOOM will need a PPV channel to show the boxing match ups that were announced in press release. See Sticky for Press Release. I thought that VOOM will activate the PPV but it did not happen...