70+ HD Channels in Engineering Mode

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Instead of that silly VOOM programming of the month, THIS IS FRONT PAGE NEWS!

:D:D:D:D:D

Oh, and good ol' Harsh isn't being negative.....
he is being cautious (jealous), he can't help it. You see, as an E* subscriber, the first thing he does in the morning is check out what D* is doing and just plain can't stand the happiness we all share. Sounds like it should be a movie, The Harshness that Stole Christmas comes to mind as a good title. Seriously though, how can anyone come in here and try to negatively spin this news. If you do you are really digging and begging. Go read the Voom preview, that should make you happy.

I'm *almost* tempted to call BS on this, at least that this will constitute the lineup we'll see even this year.

Why?

MSG and FSNY (both at least partly owned by Cablevision) have not been made available to ANY other national provider.

I'm thinking we may have a few cases of Yes on E* again popping up here.

I'd be VERY happy if proven wrong, though - the benefits to a NY subscriber would be massive here.

Same thing with ESPN News HD, they aren't even online yet, and they are still under construction on their new newroom building.

I just talked with a friend who works for MTV Networks (I believe in Long Island, NY) and he does not know of any plans for MTV and VH1 to be their own seperate channels. He said that is why they have MHD which is a combination of MTV, VH1 and CMT.

I asked him to check more into this for me if he could and he said he would try.

I just talked with a friend who works for MTV Networks (I believe in Long Island, NY) and he does not know of any plans for MTV and VH1 to be their own seperate channels. He said that is why they have MHD which is a combination of MTV, VH1 and CMT.

I asked him to check more into this for me if he could and he said he would try.
Perhaps D* is testing in preperation of an upscaled semi hd version?

Instead of that silly VOOM programming of the month, THIS IS FRONT PAGE NEWS!

maybe silly to you but others appreciated... I do not understand what your beef is about since you are the only that seems to be offended by it.

Anyway, this is great news about these channels being in E - Mode. However, I am not going to spoil D*s subs fun. It is great that this is finally happen but be cautios about the content that these channels will initially provide. Just to give you a preview of the discovery channels, there are very few programs in HD and lots of them are upconverts or filmed with cheap equipment that makes you go like what the heck is wrong with my TV. At the end it is the content of the HD programming that makest he channel a useful channel. Adding the channel is a first step; the HD programming content maybe another battle for later.

Same thing with ESPN News HD, they aren't even online yet, and they are still under construction on their new newroom building.

That's interesting because a few weeks ago, there was a Braves game on ESPNHD, but was also carried on my RSN (SportSouth or FSNSouth). Since neither of my FSN's are in HD for me, I tried to record the HD version on ESPN. Well, lo and behold, the game was blacked out on ESPNHD, so I got three hours of ESPN News...in HD. So while they may still be painting the walls, the cameras and graphics and cables and lights are all working right now. :up

So you expected those channels to call you to let you know they would soon be live?
Representatives of those channels or DIRECTV (where the channel itself has said nothing either way) have publicly stated that the channels wouldn't go live in 2007.

What DIRECTV delivers versus what is claimed is negativity enough.I don't recall making lots of posts about E* superiority. Many of my posts are cautions about what DIRECTV (or their fanboys and apologists) says versus what they do in reality. The balance of my posts in the DIRECTV forums are mostly answers to technical questions.

Do you just C&P the same thing over and over?

I see MASN listed as sharing a slot with Fox Sports Ohio. IF that MASN is the Mid Atlantic Sports Net (orioles and Nationals) i don't believe that it has an HD feed yet. Out of curioity is there another MASN?

I believe a majority of it will be upconverted, much like Discvoery, Science, TLC and Animal Planet is now.

It will get better. And we can watch it get better before our eyes without needing to beg for Channel X. :D

I believe a majority of it will be upconverted, much like Discvoery, Science, TLC and Animal Planet is now.

An upconvert is better anyday then having to watch the overly compress/downrezzed SD that we have now, and as Scott said, it can only get better.

I see MASN listed as sharing a slot with Fox Sports Ohio. IF that MASN is the Mid Atlantic Sports Net (orioles and Nationals) i don't believe that it has an HD feed yet. Out of curioity is there another MASN?
Nope, there's only one MASN (oops, I forget about MASN2). The Mr. Angelos Sports Network only broadcasts in SD. According to the AVS Forum, there are no plans for HD broadcasts yet.

Gee I ws hoping fora chance to see the Nats and Orioles lose in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)