771 Error ... Suggestions / Explanation

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks ... at least this will be fixed ... before tech leaves on Monday, what should the "average" signal strengths read?

Generally, at least in the mid 80s, although in this area you should have most numbers in the 90s.

Okay problem solved. The original install (skinny pole brace you can see in pic) allowed the dish to move to the left and unalign. Consequentlty, the tech installed a brace to prevent shifting. Great service and efficient response from Direct ... what took me so long again to switch???

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110905_111600.png
    ForumRunner_20110905_111600.png
    249.7 KB · Views: 200
  • ForumRunner_20110905_111618.png
    ForumRunner_20110905_111618.png
    270.9 KB · Views: 181
Glad you are working BUT OMG get the dish off of that wood. Wood warps and twists with exposure to wind, rain, ice, and sun. Get that dish on a metal post mounted correctly in the ground ASAP before the weather changes.. You can mount a post directly behind that wood in the same area.

charper1 said:
Glad you are working BUT OMG get the dish off of that wood. Wood warps and twists with exposure to wind, rain, ice, and sun. Get that dish on a metal post mounted correctly in the ground ASAP before the weather changes.. You can mount a post directly behind that wood in the same area.

I guess your right, but I did have my prior Dish installed at the exact same place for 5 years trouble free.

A pole mount next to the railing is the way to go. No wonder your signal strengths were so bad!

raoul5788 said:
A pole mount next to the railing is the way to go. No wonder your signal strengths were so bad!

Hey, hey it worked for 5 years and still working; don't knock it ... lol.

I don't know how I can do a pole install considering I am assuming it needs concrete footing and condo association would have heart attack.

Hey, hey it worked for 5 years and still working; don't knock it ... lol.

I don't know how I can do a pole install considering I am assuming it needs concrete footing and condo association would have heart attack.

Ah, that's different! I didn't know you were in a condo. Perhaps a tripod mounted to the deck? There are ways to do it without damaging the deck.

raoul5788 said:
Ah, that's different! I didn't know you were in a condo. Perhaps a tripod mounted to the deck? There are ways to do it without damaging the deck.

I will keep it status quo for now and if it falters, then I will figure it out. Signal strength on each sat is 90+ now :)

Don't be surprised if it falters during winter with 10" of snow and a frozen ground; I wouldn't procrastinate it. It is cheap to do or get it done now versus waiting.

charper1 said:
Don't be surprised if it falters during winter with 10" of snow and a frozen ground; I wouldn't procrastinate it. It is cheap to do or get it done now versus waiting.

Again, concrete more of the problem than money

Based on that photo; the post & footer shouldn't extend any more than 10" - 12" maximum from the edge of the deck/hand rail. Well within a legal easement; even in a condo assoc.

cjwct - you can get a tripod, bolt it to a piece of outdoor grade plywood, then bolt the plywood to the deck. Is there space between the deck boards?
That would make it an easy install.

raoul5788 said:
cjwct - you can get a tripod, bolt it to a piece of outdoor grade plywood, then bolt the plywood to the deck. Is there space between the deck boards?
That would make it an easy install.

No deck; just a brick patio

I can't believe a tech even left that! I'm sorry but to me that's unacceptable. It's an easy fix, post hole diggers about 20 inches and a a pole with concrete about 16 inches with a foot on it from a mast. Problem solved and no concrete issues from anybody. When you move dig down and cut it off then cover back up with dirt.

I can't believe a tech even left that! I'm sorry but to me that's unacceptable. It's an easy fix, post hole diggers about 20 inches and a a pole with concrete about 16 inches with a foot on it from a mast. Problem solved and no concrete issues from anybody. When you move dig down and cut it off then cover back up with dirt.

Did you see his post where he said he lives in a condo and can't use a pole mount?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)