771 Error ... Suggestions / Explanation

Status
Please reply by conversation.
raoul5788 said:
Did you see his post where he said he lives in a condo and can't use a pole mount?

Yes I did that's why I said keep about 4 inches at the too for dirt so it can be cut below the ground and nobody would know he ever had it. Regardless the tech should have not left it. I'll agree with a non-pen mount or something. Just seeing that it's like looking a repeat service call over and over

Yes I did that's why I said keep about 4 inches at the too for dirt so it can be cut below the ground and nobody would know he ever had it. Regardless the tech should have not left it. I'll agree with a non-pen mount or something. Just seeing that it's like looking a repeat service call over and over

:facepalm

If he lives in a condo and outside of the railing isn't exclusive use, he can't put a pole mount there!

raoul5788 said:
:facepalm

If he lives in a condo and outside of the railing isn't exclusive use, he can't put a pole mount there!

Ohhhhh, I gotcha! I was under the impression he had a yard of his own an lived in a normal condo. I wasn't aware he didn't have any yard. That's my bad. Sorry for the suggestion lol however, a tripod or something should be used! Anything to get that off the wood

I greatly appreciate everyone's suggestions and concern. Understandably as stated prior wood will warp over time, but I am going to count my blessings that I never had a signal issue in years until now. Hopefully that continues and if not, goodbye fence hello metal pole ... lol :)

Okay, okay took everyone's suggestion and am having the dish pole mounted. I do not understand how that is more secure than what I have but I will heed peoples advice here :)

Q: What type of pole do I need for the installer? Size, type, maximum height, etc. Thank you!

Okay, okay took everyone's suggestion and am having the dish pole mounted. I do not understand how that is more secure than what I have but I will heed peoples advice here :)

Q: What type of pole do I need for the installer? Size, type, maximum height, etc. Thank you!

If they know it will be a pole install, they will bring it, and whatever else they will need.

When I called they said I provide the pole and they do the rest.

That's the first I've heard of the customer having to supply the pole. It shouldn't be any $75 then! You need a 2" pole and should be able to find one at a fence place or a muffler shop. The fence pole may be slightly smaller than 2", but flashing will make up the difference.

Okay I bowed to everyone's expertise as I always do here and had a pole installed. I removed 6 bricks inside my fence so no condo laws were broken (lol).

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110917_134852.png
    ForumRunner_20110917_134852.png
    344.1 KB · Views: 118
  • ForumRunner_20110917_134905.png
    ForumRunner_20110917_134905.png
    540.9 KB · Views: 108
  • ForumRunner_20110917_134928.png
    ForumRunner_20110917_134928.png
    565.3 KB · Views: 103
Looks like a great mounting job. May I ask if that is a barrel connector between the LNB line out to the run into the house?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110917_134905.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110917_134905.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 99
charper1 said:
Looks like a great mounting job. May I ask if that is a barrel connector between the LNB line out to the run into the house?

I believe so ... guessing this may/may not be an issue; correct?

Unless protected from the elements; yes, it can become a point of issue. If you ever get time to make a solid cable run, that would be one less possible headache over time. Mine a long time ago became a point of moisture entry. One I removed it, no issues.

HIFI said:
It's been a discussion point from both sides, as for my opinion I wont normally put one at the dish unless its a long cable run to replace.

Seems like they did that so they can test signals quickly/easily without cutting line time after time

charper1 said:
Unless protected from the elements; yes, it can become a point of issue. If you ever get time to make a solid cable run, that would be one less possible headache over time. Mine a long time ago became a point of moisture entry. One I removed it, no issues.

Good to know ; thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)