8/18/2010 3:36pm - Uplink Activity Report - 93 changes

Hi Everyone

I am very happy for all of you that recived new National HD channels and locals in some cities. But at the same time I am sad and very mad at Dish Network because with this uplink they have confirmed by their actions that they have no consideration for subscribers in Puerto Rico and USVI. Now that we can recive signal from 61.5 they have decided to move every national HD to 72.7, that we dont have a good signal, nor will have for a very long time. We only get 41 HD channels and a good idea would have been to provide internationals on 72.7 and leave and add new HD to 61.5, that way they serve the Eastern arq with the same channels but with the added effect of us here on the Islands getting the same amount of HD's as CONUS from Echostar 15 (61.5). Now we know that we have to look elsewere for HD service. Hate to admit this but it looks the local cable company is getting more atractive with each new action Dish takes. There is absolutly no reasoning what so ever on inverting channels between these two sats and leave us without HD service. Sorry for the rant but I have to express how upset and frustrated every costumer of Dish here on the Island feels. No more "Dish the leader in HD" here in Puerto Rico or USVI since local cable has more hd channels and adding every day. Guess they will start doing something when they start loosing costumers. It is sad that companies react only when is to late.

Last edited:
why was scranton locals put on conus? is that only hd or does it also include sd? i havent been around here in a while so i may be missing something but that seems weird that they would be conus.

WFVX is definitely not in HD... Masterchef is in HD on my cable feed but not in my Dish feed. It's very obvious that their feed is a SD uplink.

I'm super psyched to get AMCHD finally! Thank you Dish!!

One of my fav movie stations when nothing else is on. This was one of the few stations that I still made myself watch in SD sometimes. I couldn't be more pleased! Woo Hoo!

AMC in HD on Dish - Hell has now officially frozen :)

No its starting to freeze..but still at that 33degree mark with a slight breeze that won't fully happen till they get off their butts and push out ESPNU in HD before College Football Season kicks in high gear in a few weeks!! :rant:

WFVX is definitely not in HD... Masterchef is in HD on my cable feed but not in my Dish feed. It's very obvious that their feed is a SD uplink.

I noticed that also. I am pissed of about this now. Dish has in WFVX HD in the guide instead of the real inf & it's not even in HD. Way to advertise HD and only deliver SD crap.

I wouldn't be pissed if they just said SD from the beginning.

I noticed that also. I am pissed of about this now. Dish has in WFVX HD in the guide instead of the real inf & it's not even in HD. Way to advertise HD and only deliver SD crap.

I wouldn't be pissed if they just said SD from the beginning.

They just barely uplinked it and you're already hatin'. :)

It's possible they just screwed up or something lagged and they wanted to launch the others so they launched it. Since the WFVX HD guide section just says WFVX HD, that channel is definitely 'half baked', but the question is why and when it will be fixed.

They just barely uplinked it and you're already hatin'. :)

It's possible they just screwed up or something lagged and they wanted to launch the others so they launched it. Since the WFVX HD guide section just says WFVX HD, that channel is definitely 'half baked', but the question is why and when it will be fixed.

I know I am hard to please sometimes & a pain the ass also.

I sure hope that this is a mistake or a glitch and that it will get fixed soon. I really want my fox in HD ASAP. By them putting WFVX HD just makes me want it even more.

I know I am hard to please sometimes & a pain the ass also.

I sure hope that this is a mistake or a glitch and that it will get fixed soon. I really want my fox in HD ASAP. By them putting WFVX HD just makes me want it even more.

I have it on cable, so I'm not as worried, but it would be nice if they sort this out so I can schedule recordings, etc.

Ran out of room on spotbeams. (This does not address the issue of why they didn't put them on a different satellite though.)