8ft solid BUD - reasonable price?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

webly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Western Washington State
Hi guys,

After searching for a while for a nice BUD, I came across this solid-aluminum 8-ft Chaparral Paraclipse dish. It's complete with C-band LNB and (albeit) rusty actuator. However, due to landlord situation it ain't going up :rant:

Because of finances I'd like to sell it if possible. The dish itself is in beautiful condition, and being solid aluminum it's great for the Ku band!

So, I come to my question - what do you guys think would be a worthy, respectable price for it (no bilking, please :angel:)

Its located in the Seattle WA area, and see below for photos:

QYvVm.jpg

s1fNR.jpg

2PQKe.jpg

oARju.jpg

dmZpn.jpg

9byE8.jpg

lR4aW.jpg

FMZ1J.jpg

lEacY.jpg

Last edited:
just one opinion:

I think that more properly called a Paraclipse Hydro.
By all reports, a nice dish.

Seeing as how it's already down, I'd give ya $50 (with the pole).
But they do show up free for the taking.
If it were on an H-H mount, or had an orthomode feed, it might be more interesting.
But the minimal C-only feed is quite common.
I assume it'll do well on Ku, so that's a plus.

Most guys on the forum are happy to give away a dish, and generally can find one for nothing more than the sweat of removing it.
Also, due to harder-to-receive signals the broadcasters are starting to use, most serious FTAers would prefer a 10' (or maybe 12') dish.

But for a beginner, ya got a very pretty 8' dish, there.
My problem is, I have two similar ones that size already.
Also spun aluminum, and with H-H mounts...
...and of course, I'm located too far away. - :rolleyes:

We've had a number of discussions of how to hide a BUD, including camouflage paint, bushes, fences, etc.
So, if there's any chance you can sneak it into your back yard, we'll be happy to help you with any install or setup problems! - :up

Great looking dish...Well...C-Band dishes are usually obtained for free or anywhere southward of $50. Seeing your dish is all aluminum and could be used for Ku Band and in very good shape...perhaps northward of $50...or higher.

Here is what some items are selling for.
A new 1.2 Meter Ku Band dish sells for $139 through our sponsor Satellite AV , and a new 8 foot solid C-Band dish sells for $259 at Sadoun. LNB's and mounts are optional I believe.

I think that more properly called a Paraclipse Hydro.
By all reports, a nice dish.

Seeing as how it's already down, I'd give ya $50 (with the pole).
But they do show up free for the taking.
If it were on an H-H mount, or had an orthomode feed, it might be more interesting.
But the minimal C-only feed is quite common.
I assume it'll do well on Ku, so that's a plus.

Most guys on the forum are happy to give away a dish, and generally can find one for nothing more than the sweat of removing it.
Also, due to harder-to-receive signals the broadcasters are starting to use, most serious FTAers would prefer a 10' (or maybe 12') dish.

But for a beginner, ya got a very pretty 8' dish, there.
My problem is, I have two similar ones that size already.
Also spun aluminum, and with H-H mounts...
...and of course, I'm located too far away. - :rolleyes:

We've had a number of discussions of how to hide a BUD, including camouflage paint, bushes, fences, etc.
So, if there's any chance you can sneak it into your back yard, we'll be happy to help you with any install or setup problems! - :up

Gotta go, no cigar on this one :(

deals abound:

And the ( AMCI 8' perf & AJAK-180, Toshiba TRX-2000.) in my signature was free for the taking.
Well, 1/2 a truck rental, several meals for my buddy, and a lot of sweat. - :rolleyes:
The spun aluminum perforated dish is about equal; the H-H mount is outstanding; my LNB is crap; the Analog receiver is a nice one, but worth what it'd cost to ship.
Point being, there's a lot of variation in what you can find, how desperate ya are for something, etc.
Good luck. - :)

Last I looked, scrap aluminum was around $50 a pound. Unfortunatly the people here are correct. Many get their dishes for a little sweat as opposed to a little $. That said, aluminum is a little more valuble. A bunch of aluminum cans can fetch some scratch at the junk yard. So I would weigh the thing after stripping the steel from it and if no takers, then hit the recycling center. Too bad you can't use it because of the landlord. Have a great day!

Last I looked, scrap aluminum was around $50 a pound.

$50/pound for aluminum!?!? Yikes! I think unobtanium might bring that, but have never seen scrap aluminum get anywhere near that price. ;)

That's a beautiful dish, needs a good home. Maybe rv1pop could provide care and feeding for that jewel.

By george I forgot to hit the decimal! I ment .50 a pound. My bad. Have a great day!

No problem stone, been there, done that.

Thanks for confirming that though, if that price ($50/lb) was correct I was considering moving to your area and attempting to "12 ounce curl" (30 cans/lb) my way to fabulous wealth!!! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)