assembly plan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

digitalmarch

Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
in my basement
hi guys i have an old sattrak c band dish 10' to assemble the guy who sent it to me havent send me the assembly plan
soes someone have an assembly plan for A 10' dish just to have a general idea

im pretty sure the startrak is a rebadged sami (i have a few of them). i would assemble the 4 wedges loosely and then bolt it to the polar mount. tighten the wedges and mount the lnb supports / scalar. someone may have an easier method.

crackt out,.

general info:

These three or four pages of the Geo Orbit site should give you some fundamentals on the parts and how they go together.
There is nothing specific to your dish, so if you have more detailed questions, maybe someone else will post.

You could also show us some pictures of the parts which are causing you question.
Most dishes share 99% common assembly and setup procedures.
There are only a few which deviate, and we've got deviates here who'll recognize 'em and help ya out. - :D

ok guys i'm not really new at installing i've been a bell and shaw direct installer for many years but i have to say it's my first c band the dush itself is bsically done but i have to know how to assemble the panels on the dish here's a couple pics
where i am with the install
i wont be using the feedhorn i'll upgrade with a 741

Attachments

• DSCF0413.GIF
    DSCF0413.GIF
    707.3 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCF0415.GIF
    DSCF0415.GIF
    768.7 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCF0419.JPG
    DSCF0419.JPG
    317.1 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF0420.JPG
    DSCF0420.JPG
    297.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
I would recommend assembling the reflector face down on a smooth, flat surface, like a shop floor. Try to line up the panels if possible in their original positions. I would also recommend a C band only lnb for starters, graduate to a C/Ku lnb after you spend some time playing around with a real dish.

I would recommend assembling the reflector face down on a smooth, flat surface, like a shop floor. Try to line up the panels if possible in their original positions. I would also recommend a C band only lnb for starters, graduate to a C/Ku lnb after you spend some time playing around with a real dish.

I agree I used to use my driveway as it was fairly level I would put something about the depth of the dish in the center put the panels around and put bolts and nuts on loosely then making sure panels where aligned and flush, I would start at the bottom row snugging up nuts and bolts going around dish from bottom row to next until I reached the top one row at a time as you go along make sure panels are flush when you get to the top should be good be careful not to fall on dish sometimes hard to reach top nuts. I would then put mount on ground facing up and flip dish over with help and set it on mount and hook it to dish

digitalmarch - that is some very nice scenery in your pics. Where abouts are you located? (just a general reply is OK - don't need GPS coordinates)

If there is another C-Band experienced satelliteguy close by, they may even be willing to drop by and lend a hand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.