8X1 DiseqC switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sathen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
If I want to connect 8 signals to that switch on Fortec Star ULTRA (supports diseqc 1.1) what I do with lnb above 4? Do I have to use 22kHz? for signals from 5,6,7 and 8 ??

What do you currently have for switches?

There are a few ways to do it
-ecoda 22k switch and 2 4x1 diseqc switches...MUST be an ecoda brand switch because they pass Diseqc commands. You would hook up the LNB's to the 4x1 switches then the 2 outputs go to the 22k switch
anole posted a pic and setup here
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1344311-post6.html

-8x1 switch....this would work too. Digiwave makes an uncommitted switch which works the best. In the menus you select in the uncommitted switch option which port you are using. Emp-Centauri switches can do 8x1 but they require different setups for selecting which port to use.

review on the digiwave and emp-centauri
digiwave
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/110067-digiwave-8x1-uncomitted-switch.html

emp-centauri
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/90581-emp-centauri-8-x-1-goto.html

Tnx Iceberg!!
It looks like option 2 is for me.
I Found on internet a SINGLE BOX 8x1 diseqC (later I give you a model nr - I am at work now) It gives me 8 inputs and 1 output so it is VERY EASY to setup.
The only thing I am not sure right now is if I have a choice on my ULTRA EIGHT committed/uncommitted LNB's
I saw4 for sure I have to check back at home..
Thank You Iceberg

Got it working
My 8x1 has happen to be GD-81A DiSEcqC 1.1 by ROC
Unfortunately my FLU (Fortec Star Ultra) does NOT support 1.1 so I had to changed for Coolsat 7000 wich is good for 1.1 and gives me a chance to connect up to 16 satellites
So as for now I can remove motor and set up entire farm of sats just to improve switching time from a sat to another one in NO TIME.Works like a champ.
No need for 22kHz at all
Here is the picture of my switch

Attachments

• 100_3026.JPG
    100_3026.JPG
    531.6 KB · Views: 206
looks just like my Digiwave switch but different name
But Unfortunately does not pas DVB-S2 signals.
Thank to yours link I finde out that in the past someone already has tested the same thing.So For now is OK but when I am ready for AZ Box then I have to thing about something better.
Tnx Guys!!

Reading old post about the switch disecq 8x1 I have brought this post from 2010 because the answer was keeping in the air about How works the switch disecq 8x1 with the DVB-S2 signals..
So, is true Or False!!!!..8X1 disecqs works fine with DVB-S2 signals (like disecq 4x1) ? and is recommended if my receiver supports 1.1 and my set up has 8 LNBS?T
thanks in advance

Yes these switches pass S2 signals just fine, the poster that said that must have had another problem.
Yes I recommend this for more than 4. I have used these for a long time and love them. Seems I always had problems with 4x1 switches, getting bad ports. Once I switched to using Digiwave 8x1 switches I haven't looked back. :)

Just to reenforce Mike's post, I use an 8 port switch on one of my rigs and it passes S2 signals fine. Not sure how it wouldn't... rf is rf, the switch can't distinguish between psk modes to filter one out...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)