905 need some help or info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So is there a cheap alternative to replace my mesh panels? Surely someone knows how to save a buck or two!

I would go dish hunting and either find a damaged dish with enough mesh to fix yours, or find a complete good dish to replace your damaged one.

Back to square one! I let my stars sub expire, and now my box is 00 not 01 so like a dumb-ass I did a master reset and my TDT count won't go past 882 again. So I have an idea,I would like to see if I can get my maps updated off of g0, on the showtime mux. But I need to know the Freq that they are on, so I can manually scan for them. If someone could help me out that would be great. Looking for the Polarity,Symbol Rate, and Freq. There should be at least two I believe. :confused: Thanks Long Hair.

I found this one, but need another

Polority------------------------ left checked
22 Khz tone Select-----------off checked
Symbol Rate------------------19.51
Coding Mode-------------------3/4 (i don't think this matters)
EMM Provider-------------------4096
Frequency -----------------------1355.00 this should be ch 101...@G0

Channel Maps update off of G0

Polority------------------------ left checked
22 Khz tone Select-----------off checked
Symbol Rate------------------19.51
Coding Mode-------------------3/4 (i don't think this matters)
EMM Provider-------------------4096
Frequency -----------------------1355.00 this should be ch 101...@G0

The above worked, now my TDT count is up to 4831. If someone has a theory to why? please post it here. :up

Polar Mount Bent ?

I was Looking at my dish the other day, and noticed that the bracket where the declination setting is, that bracket is not straight. My ? is, is that suppose to be straight or bent. I'll take a pic and post it. When I move the dish far west my shew is throne off I believe. Maybe that is my problem?

Attachments

• 100_0900.JPG
    100_0900.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_0901.JPG
    100_0901.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
I was Looking at my dish the other day, and noticed that the bracket where the declination setting is, that bracket is not straight. My ? is, is that suppose to be straight or bent. I'll take a pic and post it. When I move the dish far west my shew is throne off I believe. Maybe that is my problem?

I can't tell what you are talking about in your pics, but I think I have the same mount on my 7.5' mesh so I took some pics of mine, maybe these will help you?

Attachments

• Sat 7.5 mesh polar mount.JPG
    Sat 7.5 mesh polar mount.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Sat 7.5 mesh polar mount2.JPG
    Sat 7.5 mesh polar mount2.JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Sat 7.5 mesh polar mount3.JPG
    Sat 7.5 mesh polar mount3.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 133
It's more of a bow than a bend. I used a laser pointer and followed the bow.And My laser moved up and down about 3/4 of an inch. So I don't think that would be to good !

Attachments

• 100_0900.JPG
    100_0900.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 124
It's more of a bow than a bend. I used a laser pointer and followed the bow.And My laser moved up and down about 3/4 of an inch. So I don't think that would be to good !

That doesn't look like much of a bend to me but I guess it could affect it.

Are you sure the rest of your dish setup/alignment is correct?

Have you tried pulling up/down out at the ends of the arc where you are having problems?

If your declination is slightly off (caused either by the "bowed" piece or incorrect setting) that should show you something.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts