• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tideferi

Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
sherbrooke
hi guys
i want to have 97.0 at Sherbrooke....viewsat extreme whit a 36 inchs dish and a lineair lnb...do i need something else to have that bird...because i try to beam it and i have no quality..i know is hard to find from quebec...do you have some tips....thanks

Shouldn't be hard from Sherbrooke according from the footprint. Can you take a picture of the dish from different angles, including a closeup of the back? A picture speaks 1,000 words :)

Last edited:
Did you go to Dishpointer.com to help you align your dish?
Also you will need a lot of patience especially if this is your first time install.
The Viewsat Extreme will work fine with 97 since just about all the channels are in SD format.
Is 97w in your sat list? Make sure you are looking at the KU band channels rather than the C band.
Also make sure you are using an active transponder.
Check Lyngsat.com for a current list for 97.

Bonne chance!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!!
Let us know what happens. With a 36" dish you should have no problem getting 97 from there.

At first, I must have spent a month trying to get a signal. Which trans did you set your receiver at while aiming?
Motor? angles?

Cheers, K

setup....Intelsat 5 97.0w.....lnb power-on....lnb type-universal.....lnb high-10750......lnb low-9750....tp freq-11836....diseq-no.....motor-off...legacy sw-none

Are using a Universal LNBF? What are the specs on it?

Hi i'm from St Rémi Québec, if you have Vidéotron téléphone service let me
know there will be no long distance and i will give my phone number and i will
help you, i have almost the same setup and it works fine.
P.S. I speak french.
Si tu a Vidéotron dis le moi....
Bye....Bob VE2 FCZ ....

?Dishpoiner has 97 spec'd at in your general vicinity: Elevation: 32.1°
Azimuth (true): 213.3°
Azimuth (magn.): 228.8°
LNB Skew [?]: 22.7°
Skew- the LNBF "0" mark should be rotated CCW in the holder, while facing the dish face, to near the 11:15 clock position.Each 'hour' is 30°
But even if left at noon should get something.
LNB test. Disconnect the LNB, power on the receiver, note the SIGNAL reading. Power off the receiver, connect the LNBF. Power up the receiver. The SIGNAL meter should read some higher value.
NOTE: ALWAYS remove power when connecting or disconnecting anything on the coax. LNBF's, coax, switches, etc.
When aiming the dish, make a small adjustment, then wait. 10 seconds is not unreasonable. It may take that long for the receiver to 'lock on' the signal. It's not instantaneous. Try from 10 degrees East to West of the dishpointer line. Once you get a Quality reading, make even smaller adjustment to maximize the Quality reading. If Quality isn't obtained, raise or lower the dish slightly. (less than 1°) and repeat.

Last edited:
no quality

hi
i try to beam galaxy 19 whit a viewsat extreme-36 inchs fortec dish-universal lineair lnb...i have a signal at 80 but no quality at all....i move the dish since 3 days and i cant have no quality and nothing appear in the upper right corner....nothing...i do a factory set up...i dont know what i miss in the setup

No need to start a new thread...we're still standing by :) Could you please post a photo of your dish set-up? We might be able to spot a problem just by looking at the photo...

toadd.JPG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)