A Couple Of Installation/LOS Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So that's in all directions, from 89° to 113° has to be clear for an SL3?

Yup, they've made it to where they'd rather it be out in and forgot about. The more a tech has to visit a home the more money they lose and the more bad PR they get from repeat service calls

10 degrees is not that bad. Look at the slimline 5 that's a 20 degree span just to work. And many homes in PA have these and we live in the woods. I have a span in the southern sky from about 50* to 130* orbital location that's all clear. I have no growth over 8 feet in this span.

Are we talking about trees only or does buildings include that 10 degree window also?

So, your saying that the employer doesn't have a set rate that they charge for each item ?

That would be like me telling a sub that the Company charges $125 for a jack installed, but when I get out there, I'll change the price to whatever I would like ... (maybe she's cute, freebie .... sub PITA $250.)

Never heard of such a thing, how does the company make any money when the installer is free to change the pricing whenever he saees fit ?

Also, arent you guys on a schedule, how do you just stop and go back to a sub from a previous day ?

For custom work.. yea sort of. Especially if it's a situation where corporate would say no otherwise. Example.. wall fish is 49 bucks by cc over phone at time of install per hsp. 25cash to me will get the job done as well. I'd never overcharge a customer but a good example of making up a fee was a job I discussed in the installers zone here. Cable was not an option for the customer and due to crazy line of sight issues I used a kaku sl3 with 18" plus an international to get line of sight with a polarity locker and a swm8. I put the job in passed eiv on the aim meter when any support or other tech would have laughed and said no way. Took 3 trips 2 surveys days of discussion here and a cleared check for 1200usd but the customer got tv. Now my disclaimer this was done on my day off in a contracting truck with supplies bought off ebay. The cm then signed up through a reseller. This job is not attached to my hsp tech Id

If a customer calls me I set up a time either after work or the next day or two to get back out there. We don't get charge backs but I feel like if I did something wrong I should fix it so that's how we get back to a customer. As for the pricing. I've never charged but 1 person the $75 for a pole mount, I'd rather do them than a roof mount so that's one way we change prices. As for other things. We can't charge more but it's our call if we charge full price or not on custom charges. I'm not sure how kitty's DMA operates but that's how ours works

Similar. Whether we do custom work or not is our decision so it's more of a don't ask don't tell situation aside from completely crazy installs.

For custom work.. yea sort of. Especially if it's a situation where corporate would say no otherwise. Example.. wall fish is 49 bucks by cc over phone at time of install per hsp. 25cash to me will get the job done as well. I'd never overcharge a customer but a good example of making up a fee was a job I discussed in the installers zone here. Cable was not an option for the customer and due to crazy line of sight issues I used a kaku sl3 with 18" plus an international to get line of sight with a polarity locker and a swm8. I put the job in passed eiv on the aim meter when any support or other tech would have laughed and said no way. Took 3 trips 2 surveys days of discussion here and a cleared check for 1200usd but the customer got tv. Now my disclaimer this was done on my day off in a contracting truck with supplies bought off ebay. The cm then signed up through a reseller. This job is not attached to my hsp tech Id

Well done ! :)

Thank god I work retail, there is no amount of money that I'd jump through hoops for working hsp or mastec.

It's unfortunate most customers will have only that experience provided by the a fore mentioned.

Thank god I work retail, there is no amount of money that I'd jump through hoops for working hsp or mastec.

It's unfortunate most customers will have only that experience provided by the a fore mentioned.

Mastec is an HSP. It's actually kinda fun at times trying to build a system knowing its not intended to work that way but we can find a way to force it to. Adds a challenge to the day and at the end the customer is happy they're watching tv and we're happy because we found a way to make it happen when it "isn't suppose to work"

Mastec is an HSP. It's actually kinda fun at times trying to build a system knowing its not intended to work that way but we can find a way to force it to. Adds a challenge to the day and at the end the customer is happy they're watching tv and we're happy because we found a way to make it happen when it "isn't suppose to work"

I enjoy my hsp.

Well, after almost a year of terrible service from TWC/Insight, my wife has reconsidered the possibility of having a satellite dish on our front lawn. I'm still not positive that we can't get a signal from the roof, but if a front lawn install is necessary, the wife is willing. I'll be setting things up in April. If I wanted to do an install myself due to directv installers wanting more of an open gap in the trees, how would I go about it?

I would start using a smartphone app to find the best spot for the most open line of sight.

It looks like these two spots will be my best bet. Both are on my front lawn. Now it depends on how strict Directv will be with me.

photo.JPG

photo(2).JPG

Since your local sd channels are on 101, the second location may be acceptable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts