A&E, E! & Oxygen right now has really bad PQ

Charrasqueado

Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 10, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Switched to Direct TV for comparision. Direct was normal and OK. Voom has short horizontal interference lines and a really poor picture.

Not complaining! Just sending this so maybe someone can check out root cause.

Are you still seeing the same bad PQ. I just turned to it and the Picture looks fine except for a few sparks that I see in the picture. I am going to check my E* picture for comparison.

A&E always looks bad when compared to D*. So do all the other SD channels *IMO*. IF there is anything on in SD that I just have to watch, I just switch my D* on and watch it there. I cannot stand watching anything that has those *sparklies* all over the screen.

GeneWildershair said:
A&E always looks bad when compared to D*. So do all the other SD channels *IMO*. IF there is anything on in SD that I just have to watch, I just switch my D* on and watch it there. I cannot stand watching anything that has those *sparklies* all over the screen.
Same here Jay-D* better pq right now on sd and, sorry to say, hd too-crisper picture in hd on dhdt and hboeasthd-hdnet is by far the best hd channel in terms of pq btw

eschu97611 said:
Same here Jay-D* better pq right now on sd and, sorry to say, hd too-crisper picture in hd on dhdt and hboeasthd-hdnet is by far the best hd channel in terms of pq btw

HDnet is the best looking HD channel out there. Very true! One reason why I will never let D* go.

GeneWildershair,

Why do you even have Voom service? If you aren't complaining about the buggy box, you're complaining about PQ and saying you'll never drop D*.

I'm just curious.

astrossuperfan said:
GeneWildershair,

Why do you even have Voom service? If you aren't complaining about the buggy box, you're complaining about PQ and saying you'll never drop D*.

I'm just curious.

I love all the HD VOOM has to offer! That's why. So I guess your box isn't buggy either then huh? GEEZ you guys.

Let's not lose sight of the issues at hand. There are obvious problems/issues that are worth to report because it is the only way to give feedback. Getting personal in this issues/problems will not help us or you report the problems/issues. Let's get our vision clear in this. We are doing VOOM no favor by saying all it is good and well when in fact is not the case. By the same token, we have to give credit where credit is due. VOOM has taken the step that no other Satellite company has taken. Not only in negotiating contracts with programmers but being a programmer as well. Creating HD channels and content that is not easy financially to fill.

So let's get back to topic...and leave personal comments/attacks out of the discussion for the benefit of everyone.

GeneWildershair said:
I love all the HD VOOM has to offer! That's why. So I guess your box isn't buggy either then huh? GEEZ you guys.
Jay, I support you, and agree with you. I think the purpose of this forum is enhance all of our enjoyment of the product. When we question the product, comment on the PQ, we're hopefully creating awareness of the problems so others can see and then together we can make ourselves heard by Voom. We're not hurting voom by complaining, and if others tire of our complaing, then avert your eyes. This forum, not that corporate schil of a forum on Yahoo, was the genesis of outrage over the PQ issues which began a couple of weeks ago. I believe our dialouge expedited the acknowledgement of a problem by Voom. To solve the current discord I propose a GeneWildersHair vs. Vurbano steel cage death match :no

I thought american chopper on the sd discovery channel was very crisp. its usually kinda blurry on d*

Trading spaces 100K is on discoveryhd right now. Is it supposed to look better than this or am I easily impressed?

It wasn't meant as a personal attack, I was just wondering why GWH would pay for a service he had so many problems with.

Anyways... My PQ is great, my boxes work, i'm very happy.

NOW ADD ESPN! :D

astrossuperfan said:
It wasn't meant as a personal attack, I was just wondering why GWH would pay for a service he had so many problems with.

Anyways... My PQ is great, my boxes work, i'm very happy.

NOW ADD ESPN! :D
It feels good to be happy, doesn't it?

I am amazed at a satellite company who has sparklies in their pictures being subscribed to by the public. Why in the heck can't they adjust the feedhorns, dishes, or whatever and deliver a sparklie free picture. I have a 10 foot dish and know from experience that Spike, E, TBS, and some of those others should be sparklie free. I am not subscribing on the big dish anymore but you can still get a sparklie free picture with the right equipment.

Lem52

cyuhnke said:
Jay, I support you, and agree with you. I think the purpose of this forum is enhance all of our enjoyment of the product. When we question the product, comment on the PQ, we're hopefully creating awareness of the problems so others can see and then together we can make ourselves heard by Voom. We're not hurting voom by complaining, and if others tire of our complaing, then avert your eyes. This forum, not that corporate schil of a forum on Yahoo, was the genesis of outrage over the PQ issues which began a couple of weeks ago. I believe our dialouge expedited the acknowledgement of a problem by Voom. To solve the current discord I propose a GeneWildersHair vs. Vurbano steel cage death match :no

Even though vurbano and I don't see eye to eye on some things, I don't hate the guy! Matter of fact I think it's good to have some debate over this stuff once and awhile. If some poeple honestly don't see the problems, this should also be noted as well. vurbano is ok in my book. Hell the guy likes naked australian women for cryin' out loud! He can't be all that bad! ;) Yeah I'm in a good mood right now, as I finally got that 30" dish up! YAY! :D Thanks for the support by the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts