A few things about the genie and hopper

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Patrick Smith

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Valdosta, GA
I've had the Genie a few days and there are a few things that I like better and a few things about the hopper I like better

First I'll start with what I like about the hopper. I love the UI of the Genie but I think the guide layout and playlist layout of the hopper is 10 times better. It just easier to find what I'm looking for. Channel changing is a lot faster. The 44 is faster than past equipment but dishes hardware blows all DTV equipment out of the water when it comes to speed. Sling built in. I know you can pick one up for 50 bucks but the fact it is built into the hopper is a plus.

Now what I like better about the Genie. The UI is just beautiful. Like I said give it the guide and playlist of the hopper and it's perfect. 5 tuners. I mean you just can't go wrong. The hardware is just sleek as hell. The front panel is beautiful.

This is just a few things. I'm going to add more as I use the Genie more and compare to my hopper.

I've had the Genie a few days and there are a few things that I like better and a few things about the hopper I like better

First I'll start with what I like about the hopper. I love the UI of the Genie but I think the guide layout and playlist layout of the hopper is 10 times better. It just easier to find what I'm looking for. Channel changing is a lot faster. The 44 is faster than past equipment but dishes hardware blows all DTV equipment out of the water when it comes to speed. Sling built in. I know you can pick one up for 50 bucks but the fact it is built into the hopper is a plus.

Now what I like better about the Genie. The UI is just beautiful. Like I said give it the guide and playlist of the hopper and it's perfect. 5 tuners. I mean you just can't go wrong. The hardware is just sleek as hell. The front panel is beautiful.

This is just a few things. I'm going to add more as I use the Genie more and compare to my hopper.

Isn't the Genie UI and guide the same as any D* guide ?

Gotcha .... when you posted that, I thought that the Genie might have been different for some reason.

It is. I find it a little hard to read. I wished it was like the guide on the hopper. But the same theme that D uses for their HD equipment. I think since the Genie is an upgrade from Standard HD equipment that it should have a more advanced UI and feature set.

It is. I find it a little hard to read. I wished it was like the guide on the hopper. But the same theme that D uses for their HD equipment. I think since the Genie is an upgrade from Standard HD equipment that it should have a more advanced UI and feature set.

It has an HD Gui, shouldn't have problems reading it.

That said, I don't have one to look at.

After seeing my parents Dish Network interface, Directv just doesn't compare. The D* guide is VERY hard to read. We can discuss logos in the guide (There should be) but at the end of the day, the Dish Network system is MUCH easier to use. And it doesn't crash or lag. And it doesn't get filled up with crap that slows it down. And you dont need complicated Boolean crap to search - and the search works! And it's much more customizeable. On their big TV, they show 3 hours of programming at once!! But on their small TV, they have it like D* (1.5 hours) so it's written bigger. As for content and PQ (more important), Directv blows Dish out of the water. Except superstations and Pac12.

After seeing my parents Dish Network interface, Directv just doesn't compare. The D* guide is VERY hard to read. We can discuss logos in the guide (There should be) but at the end of the day, the Dish Network system is MUCH easier to use. And it doesn't crash or lag. And it doesn't get filled up with crap that slows it down. And you dont need complicated Boolean crap to search - and the search works! And it's much more customizeable. On their big TV, they show 3 hours of programming at once!! But on their small TV, they have it like D* (1.5 hours) so it's written bigger. As for content and PQ (more important), Directv blows Dish out of the water. Except superstations and Pac12.

Layout yes! GUI not at all.

What is the difference between the guide and GUI? I have read this forum for years and thought they were the same thing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)