A new use for my FTA setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
LoTech

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
A few days ago my wife said I was going to have to get in shape before I keel over. After a day or two I relented and purchased an elliptical machine. A new HD receiver would have been cheaper. Man I never knew how out of shape I was. Anyway, after a couple days of staring at the wall while I worked out I got an idea. I took the small TV that I use to adjust my dish and put it on a shelf. I then ran the channel 3 coax out of the receiver, under the floor, and to the computer/workout room, where I hooked up my small TV. I only had RG-59 on hand, but that worked OK for the small TV. Now I have plenty to look at while I exercise. The only problem is that I can't use the remote, and I have to choose what I want to watch before I get on the machine.

tds04

tds04

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 16, 2006
keswick, ontario
Congrats on getting in shape. Stick in there its tough at first but well worth it. Those dishes can get heavy.

J

jogon64

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 18, 2009
Northern Mexico
No remote = running back to the receiver to switch channels = more exercise = better health!!

A

avg1joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 27, 2006
Southern Maine
Someone I met had an exercise bike hooked to a generator hooked to the only tv in the house. If she wanted to watch tv she had to exercise.

LoTech

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
Update... FTA is not only good, it's good for you. After two months of watching the Rockford Files and the Hulk while using the elliptical, I'm down from 258 to 240. I've still got a way to go on my goal of breaking 200, but my BP and cholesterol are already down.

D

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
Update... FTA is not only good, it's good for you.

Sounds great! Keep up the good work! :up

You might want to add to what you benefit from! ;)

All of the work involved of harvesting and setting up dishes and BUDs too! :D

All the digging, concrete work, running cables, up and down ladders for setup and tweaks, bigger motors, more cables, killing bees, modified lnbfs, snow cleaning, sneaking stuff home, time on SatelliteGuys, switching cables around, clearing trees, working a second job for another receiver, dumpster diving, etc., etc., etc.! :eek:

WOW! I did not know that FTA is that much work! :rolleyes:

Phottoman

Phottoman

SatelliteGuys Pro

Attachments

• 96541EAD-D856-4FC9-8DEC-CA77FCD078FF.jpg
    96541EAD-D856-4FC9-8DEC-CA77FCD078FF.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Stargazer

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I have seen media extenders for windows media player and looking for other ways of also sending video over a wired / wireless private network. Will sling send video over your own private network or do you have to transmit it over the internet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.