A new use for my FTA setup.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
A few days ago my wife said I was going to have to get in shape before I keel over. After a day or two I relented and purchased an elliptical machine. A new HD receiver would have been cheaper. Man I never knew how out of shape I was. Anyway, after a couple days of staring at the wall while I worked out I got an idea. I took the small TV that I use to adjust my dish and put it on a shelf. I then ran the channel 3 coax out of the receiver, under the floor, and to the computer/workout room, where I hooked up my small TV. I only had RG-59 on hand, but that worked OK for the small TV. Now I have plenty to look at while I exercise. The only problem is that I can't use the remote, and I have to choose what I want to watch before I get on the machine.

Someone I met had an exercise bike hooked to a generator hooked to the only tv in the house. If she wanted to watch tv she had to exercise.

Update... FTA is not only good, it's good for you. After two months of watching the Rockford Files and the Hulk while using the elliptical, I'm down from 258 to 240. I've still got a way to go on my goal of breaking 200, but my BP and cholesterol are already down.

Update... FTA is not only good, it's good for you.

Sounds great! Keep up the good work! :up

You might want to add to what you benefit from! ;)

All of the work involved of harvesting and setting up dishes and BUDs too! :D

All the digging, concrete work, running cables, up and down ladders for setup and tweaks, bigger motors, more cables, killing bees, modified lnbfs, snow cleaning, sneaking stuff home, time on SatelliteGuys, switching cables around, clearing trees, working a second job for another receiver, dumpster diving, etc., etc., etc.! :eek:

WOW! I did not know that FTA is that much work! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 96541EAD-D856-4FC9-8DEC-CA77FCD078FF.jpg
    96541EAD-D856-4FC9-8DEC-CA77FCD078FF.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
I have seen media extenders for windows media player and looking for other ways of also sending video over a wired / wireless private network. Will sling send video over your own private network or do you have to transmit it over the internet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)