test direcway lnb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

msrebel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
I have been trying to receive 83w or 97w for weeks on my direcway dish with no luck. I set everything just like dishpointer said with no luck. I was wondering if their was any way to test the lnb to see if it is working properly?

I have been trying to receive 83w or 97w for weeks on my direcway dish with no luck. I set everything just like dishpointer said with no luck. I was wondering if their was any way to test the lnb to see if it is working properly?

If you are using the original lnb with that dish, you probably won't be able to get any fta signal....that dish is for satellite internet , not tv. Even if you had the right lnb, you still would need a shorter lnb support arm, as I'm sure the focal point would be wrong.

I am using a starband dish which is very similar in shape and size to the direcway dishes, and as I recall, the distance from the face of the lnb to the center of the dish is about 18 1/2 inches, which is the the correct distance for a standard lnb. I guess you could strap a standard lnb to the direcway support arm as long as the distance to the dish is correct, using a zip tie or screw clamp to secure it to the arm.

Not sure which direcway dish you have. I just installed one for my brother with the original lnb. Working great picking up RTV on AMC9

yep the LNB should be fine

The transmitter can be removed but the LNB works for the correct frequencies

I have a Direct PC Dish

I have a Direct PC dish, think it's the same as the Directway. I've used it without any issues getting FTA signals. I traded out the lnbf a while back and put an Invacom Universal KU band Lnbf on it and I made NO adjustmens to the length of the arm. I just bought a cheap lnb mounting bracket off ebay and made a holder and that dish works awesome as an FTA dish. It worked fine with the original lnb, it had 2 lnbs on it originally from the factory. The best I remember it also had some kind of converter box mounted on the arm. I removed that and just connected directly to the lnbf and used 10750. It worked fine on ku band satellites best I recall. My memory isn't what it used to be...

Anole my feed is the rectangular one, I'm going to recheck my pole tomorrow to make sure it is plumb. I will go back over everything tomorrow. Would their be any way to check the lnb just to make sure it is ok? Thanks guys for responding to my questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts