A solid Birdview Dish is in my near future!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah you're right Fred. I think you would even say "except when it it gets hit by a Tractor Trailer and gets dented real bad!" Still in all still looking on my part!!
Yes I am glad took the new pictures of that dish. It is really sad looking. The mount would still be good, but the rest looks beyond repair.

Such a waste! :(

Yes I am glad took the new pictures of that dish. It is really sad looking. The mount would still be good, but the rest looks beyond repair.

Such a waste! :(
Yeah I'm glad Al did too. The mount is still good but I wouldn't buy or trust that gut or pay his high price. Nuff said on that. Like you say, there's all kind of Free ones out there so I'm still hunting!;)

I finally finished tuning the Tennessee Solid Birdview this week-end.

Suffice it to say that I am really really happy! :cool:

It is doing an outstanding job on both C-Band and Ku-Band.

I posted a couple of pictures in another thread about NSS-806 the other day. After tuning everything up, I don't know whether I will be able to pull it in with the tree blocking half the dish.

I can get IS-3 at 43W with 30% SQ with the tree in the pic below blocking, and can still get watchable C-Band signals. NSS-806 is at 40W, so that means the dish will be 3 degrees deeper into the tree blockage, so I don't know.

When I get everything hooked back up inside, I'll find a transponder and give it a shot to see what happens.

Here is the tree at 43W:
is3-from-soldbv.jpg

Ok!!

Now I am just blown away.

I actually pulled in 5 unique transponders along with some duplicates of course. It is a little hard to set the skew.

I am actually watching a News Channel with 30% SQ with the tree blocking 1/2 to 2/3 of the dish.

A well tuned dish out in the open should be able to pull in a lot of channels off this satellite even without the dialectric plate. :)

Hmmm... at 40W, that should give me about a 24 degree elevation.
I'm tree free down to about 10 or 12 (both ways!).
If I can ever get the 10 footer powered up I'll have to check that one out...
Maybe THIS weekend will be the grand happening...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)