A solid Birdview Dish is in my near future!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
You guys won't believe this.

A very nice guy emailed me from just outside Nashville this morning.

This is what he said in his email:
It looks like the one you saw at the lady's home that you took the pictures with your cell phone just needs a good power washing, the last time I used it everything worked, However I am not sure now.. Before I call someone to haul it away I was wondering are you interested in this dish? If you would like for me to snap some pictures of the dish and email them to you I would be more then happy to do that, I was searching the web on Yahoo looking for Birdview products and came across your post..
After a couple of emails later and a phone call, it is mine.

I have a couple of months to make arrangements with friends, borrow a trailer, find a nice warm day, and I am off to Nashville to retrieve this wonderful one-owner dish and accessories.

The guy was super nice on the phone, and I am thrilled!! :)

Here are the pictures he sent taken just this morning:

birdview-solid-like-new-front.jpg birdview-like-new-solid-front-side.jpg birdview-solid-like-new-fs.jpg

birdview-solid-like-new-side.jpg birdview-solid-like-new-rear.jpg

According the the maps, it is only about a 5.5 hour drive from here, so I can make that in one day if we leave early.

WooHoo!!!

you are the luckest FTA guy lol :)
great find

i have to go back and check a few people here with birdviews :)

Thats almost outa your zone and into Al's Zone isn't it :D

whoa !

I don't know about this...
Isn't there a tax for dish-collecting out of area? - :eek:

Hey, congrats on the find.
And hope this one has the 70:1 gear box on it.

Problem is, I just can't imagine where you'd put it . . . - :rolleyes:

You are right George, it is closer to Al, but we won't tell him. :D

I don't know about this...
Isn't there a tax for dish-collecting out of area? -
No tax that I know of. Hehe
Hey, congrats on the find.
And hope this one has the 70:1 gear box on it.
Thanks, and me too!
Problem is, I just can't imagine where you'd put it . . . -
I've got the perfect spot all picked out. :)

A tax for dish collecting? I know that WV used to charge a satellite tax and I had to pay that for a while but they eliminated that about 2-3 years ago.

You are right George, it is closer to Al, but we won't tell him. :D
I found out anyway. But, it's a lot more than 5.5 hours to Nashville from me. I've been there 6-7 years ago and I don't remember how long but I'm thinking around 7 hours or more? It's 3.5 hours to Chattanooga and that's about half way, probably over half way?
But another Great find for you Fred! You Lucky Rascal...!!!

Of course it's a lot quicker coming back, it's mostly down hill from there!

I found out anyway. But, it's a lot more than 5.5 hours to Nashville from me. I've been there 6-7 years ago and I don't remember how long but I'm thinking around 7 hours or more? It's 3.5 hours to Chattanooga and that's about half way, probably over half way?
But another Great find for you Fred! You Lucky Rascal...!!!
Well I am glad it is really on my side of the territory if there is such a thing. :D

Thanks Al!

that is a heavy duty looking dish.
it looks like it has a Horizon to horizon mount! Is the motor in the top of that or is that just the mount hinge?

it looks like it has a Horizon to horizon mount! Is the motor in the top of that or is that just the mount hinge?
Yes it is a H-H mount, and the motor and gears are in the upper part of the mount that attaches to the dish.

I stopped by Cummins Tools today and bought a Reese hitch for my van for $50.00. Just have to bolt it up and get the wiring and ball on it and I am ready to take off as soon as we get just a little warmer weather. :)

Yes it is a H-H mount, and the motor and gears are in the upper part of the mount that attaches to the dish.

I stopped by Cummins Tools today and bought a Reese hitch for my van for $50.00. Just have to bolt it up and get the wiring and ball on it and I am ready to take off as soon as we get just a little warmer weather. :)

Looks like the one I got last year now if i can just get the time to finish the install. make sure you take some help because that mount is a monster.:eek:

I got my hitch bolted onto my van today, and lined up a trailer that a buddy will let me borrow.

Just waiting on a better weather day on the Tennessee end which also works with my buddies schedules that are going along for the road trip.

I got my hitch bolted onto my van today, and lined up a trailer that a buddy will let me borrow.

Just waiting on a better weather day on the Tennessee end which also works with my buddies schedules that are going along for the road trip.

What part of Tennessee will you be traveling to?

If those offset dishes ever pan out, I'd make the trip down that way to pick one up from ya.. and ride along to Tennessee to help out if you needed. I've got some friends/relatives in Chattanooga, Smyrna, and Nashville, but haven't been down there in years anyhow.

We're going to the Country Music Capitol of the USA.

Nashville!

I'm still waiting to hear about the off-set dishes. When I last talked to the guy about 2 weeks ago, he said it was still pending, but still looked good. :)

We're going to the Country Music Capitol of the USA.

Nashville!

I'm still waiting to hear about the off-set dishes. When I last talked to the guy about 2 weeks ago, he said it was still pending, but still looked good. :)

There is a Birdview dish just like the one you have as your picture that is also her in Nashville. I posted the pics here about a year ago but if needed I can repost the pics. It is in the city of Antioch, which is in Davidson county where Nashville is located. If interested, let me know. I had talked to the owner last year and he said I can take it for $50 bucks...

There is a Birdview dish just like the one you have as your picture that is also her in Nashville. I posted the pics here about a year ago but if needed I can repost the pics. It is in the city of Antioch, which is in Davidson county where Nashville is located. If interested, let me know. I had talked to the owner last year and he said I can take it for $50 bucks...
Heck yes!

Go ahead and post the pictures. If I am going to make the trip, I might as well pick up two if possible. :)

I think it is beautiful.

I also think it will be a little tough to get down. That pole looks to have the center of the dish about 8 or 10 feet in the air. I guess there might be a way to cut the pole part way, and gently lay it over to rest where the dish and mount could be dis-assembled.

Otherwise that mount would be pretty hard to get off. The mount is extremely heavy.

Maybe some of the brains here can come up with a way to lay the pole and dish down for dis-assembly. If we can figure out a way, I'll be glad to take it.

It is beautiful!!!

After looking over the pictures some more, there might be a way to tie it off to one of those trees, then cut the pole at ground level part way to gently lower it to a height where everything could be dis-assembled.

The biggest thing we will be pressed for is time. If the solid comes down easy and we get it all loaded up with no problems, that shouldn't take more than an hour.

We want to try and get down there and back in one day.

If everything worked out just right, this one could be done too. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts