AAD - Is Out of Business

I got sick of paying $10+/month for a batch of channels in SD when Hulu could stream them to me for free, and later $7.99/month in SD that looked much better than their channels and without the cropping.
Really, that is something you can do in a house with a broadband connection. In an RV or a truck, you are limited to an air-card Internet connection and you will be broke in bandpass fees quickly. And if you are in a house, you have little argument for having DNS.

This was the reason I cancelled them years ago. I got sick of paying $10+/month for a batch of channels in SD when Hulu could stream them to me for free, and later $7.99/month in SD that looked much better than their channels and without the cropping. I think it was the ultimate switch of upgrading from a Dishplayer 625 to a VIP 722 is what pushed me into that direction. Once I started watching TV in HD it was so much harder to watch Dish Networks SD channels.
Streaming a bunch of channels on a regular basis in not really an option for RVers (or truckers). Our bandwidth is limited.

Brussam just beat me.

Streaming a bunch of channels on a regular basis in not really an option for RVers (or truckers). Our bandwidth is limited.

Brussam just beat me.

I should have been more precise on what I was commenting about. I was mainly commenting on the SD,blah part of his response. I can see how it can be an issue for RVers and Truckers. As for living in a house and not having AAD, when AAD first launched the only local network my area had was NBC so it was a total white zone for ABC, FOX, CBS and my internet was only 3 mb/s DSL. So yeah at the time there was a need for distants in an actual house.

The big 4 nets sued Dish for, essentially, selling Distant Nets to those the big 4 believed did not qualify. The court was set to rule, not favorably for Dish, when Dish came to an agreement with the nets to be paid something like 700 millon dollars to continue d
Distant Nets and the suit to be dropped. Oh yeah, the nets said YES to the money, but ALL 4 nets needed to agree to the settlement for the court to affirm it, the ONLY net NOT agree to the proposal wa FOX because FOX is owned by Rupert Murdoch and at the time Rupert also owned, you guessed it, DirecTV. We would all have kept our distant nets if companies were not allowed to be both an MVPD and a broadcaster.

Yes, Dish is allowed DNS, but with tighter rules as SHIVRA (or whatever the acronym) tightened it up for all DBS.

Either way there should have been some kind of notice given.Pull the channels with a month to go?Wonder how many folks they will cheat out of a refund now?

Received a letter from AAD stating they will refund to a credit card only if it has been within the last four months. Anything longer will be by check

Just has a call from Dish talking about the demise of AAD. It doesn't look good for Dish returning to the DNS marketplace since they are spending so much time on dealing with "moving" fraud. That has brought extra pressure from the broadcasters.

And you believe a CSR? Guaranteed If I call a couple of times one will tell me it's coming soon™.

I'm betting DISH will have CONUS networks available or something for the RV's/truckers.

Received a letter from AAD stating they will refund to a credit card only if it has been within the last four months. Anything longer will be by check

Good luck with that.I hope they do refund everyone but,I know they shafted several when they pulled the HD channels.

This is different ownership so maybe a different result. Also it was not easy to get a refund, but if you kept the SD channels you did get a credit easily. They gave me two months free also.

This is different ownership so maybe a different result. Also it was not easy to get a refund, but if you kept the SD channels you did get a credit easily. They gave me two months free also.

Yea,they offered me the sd channels or some item from the then sobongo store,I wasn't interested in either.Asked for a refund which I never received.

There are likely other creditors, and I have no idea as to who gets priority.

Of course, perhaps they saw the writing on the wall, and are shutting down BEFORE they approach insolvency. Mr. E. Bunny assures me this is a possibility.

Thought to share this chat, if we can get more people to call in to dish network, hopefully they will listen to us : )

chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Hi, Paul! This is Vans, the Supervisor in charge. Please give me 1-2 minutes to review the previous transcript to better assist you.
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: ok
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Thank you.
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Thank you for letting us know that you are interested in getting distant networks.
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): The previous agent, Diana already submitted a request and programming requests such as distant networks will be reviewed by a select team of individuals and if we have a lot of requests for it then it may be available in the near future.
chat_enduser_message.png
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: i have a question
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Regarding your question about the availability, we cannot give a specific date or time frame since it depends on the volume of requests.
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Please go ahaead.
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: if we have pbs channel 915, that means my receiver is grandfather
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): We do not have PBS channel 915.
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: PBS channel is on 915
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): We do not carry that channel. If you are getting it, it only means that you are located in an area where you can pick the signal for that channel.
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Is there anything else that I can help you with?
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: which means our receiver is grandfather for distant network channels?
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: if you guys do provide them again
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: is that correct?
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): I cannot be certain since we cannot pull up any accounts to check it.

chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: my name is **** ********
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: telephone number is
chat_agent.png
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): You are correct that the receiver is grandfather for distant network channels.
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: thank you very much : )
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): The pleasure is all mine.
chat_agent.png
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: so once you guys receive more request to provide the big 4 networks from new york and los angeles, i would be able to get either one of the locals?
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Yes you may though we do not guarantee since we do not know if there will be new terms or new requirements needed in case distant networks will be available.
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): If ever distant networks will be available, it will be communicated to customers either though email or regular mail.
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Especially to those who has PBS channels.

And would Aereo do for broadcast channels across the country. Cities is hardly a feature for RVers and truckers.

Thought to share this chat, if we can get more people to call in to dish network, hopefully they will listen to us : )

chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Hi, Paul! This is Vans, the Supervisor in charge. Please give me 1-2 minutes to review the previous transcript to better assist you.
chat_enduser_message.png
chat_agent.png
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Thank you for letting us know that you are interested in getting distant networks.
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): The previous agent, Diana already submitted a request and programming requests such as distant networks will be reviewed by a select team of individuals and if we have a lot of requests for it then it may be available in the near future.
chat_enduser_message.png
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: i have a question
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Regarding your question about the availability, we cannot give a specific date or time frame since it depends on the volume of requests.
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Please go ahaead.
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: if we have pbs channel 915, that means my receiver is grandfather
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): We do not have PBS channel 915.
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: PBS channel is on 915
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): We do not carry that channel. If you are getting it, it only means that you are located in an area where you can pick the signal for that channel.
chat_agent.png
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: which means our receiver is grandfather for distant network channels?
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: if you guys do provide them again
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: is that correct?
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): I cannot be certain since we cannot pull up any accounts to check it.

chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: my name is **** ********
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: telephone number is
chat_agent.png
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): You are correct that the receiver is grandfather for distant network channels.
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: thank you very much : )
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): The pleasure is all mine.
chat_agent.png
chat_enduser_message.png
Paul S: so once you guys receive more request to provide the big 4 networks from new york and los angeles, i would be able to get either one of the locals?
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Yes you may though we do not guarantee since we do not know if there will be new terms or new requirements needed in case distant networks will be available.
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): If ever distant networks will be available, it will be communicated to customers either though email or regular mail.
chat_agent.png
Mark Evans (ID: NNG): Especially to those who has PBS channels.

"We do not carry that channel. If you are getting it, it only means that you are located in an area where you can pick the signal for that channel."

And you got out of that they know what they are talking about?? I Assure you they do not. There is no such thing, he was appeasing you because he had no idea what you were talking about.
"Especially to those who has PBS channels." Lmao.

Dispute your credit card charges now before they shut down and close out their merchant account.

ITVN did the same thing when they went out of business and double dipped credit cards the last month.

As far as distant networks, nobody cares about then anymore. Every RV person or nomad I talk to would much rather call dish or directv and change their address every few weeks than to just pay the $9 or so it costs to go with all American direct.

Aereo restricts their signals as well if I remember this correctly. Or am I wrong ?

And would Aereo do for broadcast channels across the country. Cities is hardly a feature for RVers and truckers.

I believe that you must have a credit or debit card with an address in the city of which the network signal originates from so if you wanted NY market you need a credit or debit card issues out of NY. The channels would work across the country but once again you run into the broadband problem. You would need an internet connection.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)