AAD - Is Out of Business

As far as distant networks, nobody cares about then anymore. Every RV person or nomad I talk to would much rather call dish or directv and change their address every few weeks than to just pay the $9 or so it costs to go with all American direct.

I disagree. Lots of comments on RV forums and most would want to keep distant networks and not having to call DISH every time they move (sometimes daily) and then having to change their menu to the new channels.

DICK

I believe that you must have a credit or debit card with an address in the city of which the network signal originates from so if you wanted NY market you need a credit or debit card issues out of NY. The channels would work across the country but once again you run into the broadband problem. You would need an internet connection.
Not correct on this assumption. You can have a different service address than your billing address.

I would love to see E* pop up some West coast channels in HD on 77. Then offer some type of DNS via 77. If they put up say NYC or Miami for East coast and say LA and Seattle or SF. all on 77 would be really great.

"...he was appeasing you because he had no idea what you were talking about.
"Especially to those who has PBS channels." Lmao.
I was thinking the same thing - he was giving the guy the answers he wanted to hear !

Did you notice how "Paul" asked questions as if to make them answer ? He'll probably try and hold the rep's answers against Dish later with, "but your rep told me ... and I saved the chat session to prove it". :eek:

... As far as distant networks, nobody cares about then anymore. Every RV person or nomad I talk to would much rather call dish or directv and change their address every few weeks than to just pay the $9 or so it costs to go with all American direct.

Speak for yourself. I have had distant networks in one form or another since I signed up for Dish Network almost fourteen years ago.

Speak for yourself. I have had distant networks in one form or another since I signed up for Dish Network almost fourteen years ago.

The people on this forum are the exception, not the norm.

Take SuperStations for example, everyone on this board wants to subscribe to them out of New York, the average customer could care less and would complain about having to spend an extra $5 per month for channels that are not even local.

Take SuperStations for example, everyone on this board wants to subscribe to them out of New York, the average customer could care less and would complain about having to spend an extra $5 per month for channels that are not even local.

How much less could they care then? Just thought I would ask.

Let's see...I'm on this board and I for one couldn't care less about the NY superstations and would much rather have KTLA out of Los Angeles. So I guess there goes your theory about everyone on this board.

I think Claude is correct, but because I bet those not on sites like this don't even know about AAD or Superstations. It's not like DISH has advertised Superstations. Probably most would not pay extra for Superstations or Distant channels, but more would if they at least knew about it.

It's not like DISH has advertised Superstations.
Very true.... Just went to Dish's website and poked through the menus and found no references to Superstations. I'm sure someone will go and search and find it, but that's not the point. I do know I can find info on them through "My Account", but a customer looking to join Dish won't have that.

True. A friend of mine lives in the Toledo market. He receives WWOR and WPIX as fill-ins for MNT and CW. He didn't know he has them, nor does he care. I guess it's just a matter of personal tastes.

As far as I am concerned, however, if I'm willing to pay for them, I should be able to have whatever locals I want. I can go to the drugstore on the corner and buy the Chicago Tribune, even though I live in Detroit. I should be able to contact Dish and say, "I'm feelin' like Albuquerque today. Hook me up." It shouldn't be a problem to anybody as long as I am subscribed to my own locals as well.

We RV and gladly paid AllAmerica for DNS. When own the road, if we tried to contact Dish we probably would be calling them daily. I had no complaint paying the higher fee for DNS in HD.

So when were you ever a mover Tampa 8?

I gave you the link. Aereo, which is what the question was, does not allow a credit card to be used that does not have an address associated with it for the DMA you want. You can't "move" with Aereo unless you can get a credit card with your address being in the DMA you want to get.

Moving with Dish is a totally different story as any credit card in your name can be used, and they go by the service address that you verbally give them. On top of that they allow a separate mailing address. One can have a credit card issued in Fl, have a service address in Ct but get mail somewhere else.

Last edited:
I gave you the link. Aereo, which is what the question was, does not allow a credit card to be used that does not have an address associated with it for the DMA you want. You can't "move" with Aereo unless you can get a credit card with your address being in the DMA you want to get.

Moving with Dish is a totally different story as any credit card in your name can be used, and they go by the service address that you verbally give them. On top of that they allow a separate mailing address. One can have a credit card issued in Fl, have a service address in Ct but get mail somewhere else.
Didn't realize that. Aereo is a web based service and you go back to the issue that was already posted for those in RV's. So really in a large percentage of them it is useless or near so.

That's what ohioankev was saying. Someone had mentioned Dish should use Aereo, and as you both point out it doesn't solve much of anything in this case. Aereo doesn't sell Distants, they sell your own locals.

I believe that you must have a credit or debit card with an address in the city of which the network signal originates from so if you wanted NY market you need a credit or debit card issues out of NY. The channels would work across the country but once again you run into the broadband problem. You would need an internet connection.

You call Dish, every day if necessary, to get the DMA to which you are entitled wherever you are. :( Maybe Dish can automate the process somehow, e.g. by entering the zip code into your receiver, or enabling us to change it via the web.

You call Dish, every day if necessary, to get the DMA to which you are entitled wherever you are. :( Maybe Dish can automate the process somehow, e.g. by entering the zip code into your receiver, or enabling us to change it via the web.

This is correct answer. Just keep you cell phone charged to make the call.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SatelliteGuys

They will only take a credit card that has an address in the market you are signing up for. I'm betting they are playing strictly by the rules. In fact they tell you there may be zip codes they are not allowing if there is a question as to what DMA it belongs to. http://support.aereo.com/customer/portal/articles/658452-do-i-need-a-billing-address-in-the-market-area-to-join-aereo-

But the signals are available through out the web regardless of where you are. The reason I ask is when I saw their area of coverage it masked with in the DMA. It look like they were restricting it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)