ABCNewsNow moving Dec 14th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
still dont pick anything on the blind using a captivework. Can someone please post the TP info so I can add it manually and tweak my LNB??? Thanks

it was also posted in the first post ;)

After the dish has been moved you will need to tune your IRD's to the coordinates and parameters listed below for the new Galaxy 17/K16 feed:
Downlink Freq.: 12015 V
Symbol Rate: 19532.000

@ 4:30-5:30 central, I still have nothing on that TP. Accurate Scan, Blind Scan, TP Scan, Plenty of feeds, No ABCNN. Double checked skew. Guess my .7m is too small for it here on 91°W. Have it Q 70-71 on 89°W.

ABCNewsNOW, looks fine at their new home at mid 70's here in New Mexico. Just wondering do they have any plans to expand more new subchannels?:)

I would guess the plan is to drop something (probably ABC News Now). When you see the wording "reconfigure our mux" in their message, you get a feeling that it isn't a straight up move but rather a move plus adding or removing a service or two. ABC News Now has a C-band feed so that might become the only way they are getting the signal to the partners who still carry it.

I dont see anywhere it says ABCNewsNow is leaving. The ABC site shows the whole mux moved as is

We currently provide the full NewsOne service (NewsOne video items on your Pathfire server and NewsOne Live Channels 1 and 2) on Galaxy 28/K13. We will be moving these services to Galaxy 17/K16. This is due to the fact that our existing lease on Galaxy 28 is set to expire at the end of 2011.

I dont see anywhere it says ABCNewsNow is leaving. The ABC site shows the whole mux moved as is

the long form of a notice I saw said ABC News One will be reconfiguring their mux during the transition time. That tells me it could be add or delete a service or just adjust the bitrates of the various services in the mux. I could see ABC NN going away since it's also found elsewhere in the arc.

We'll find out at the end of the dual-illum what ABC NewsOne has done to their mux other than just a straight move.

This mux has moved: 12010 V 11575 (same bird) I see no News Now though... just NewsOne and another feed channel.

that makes no sense as their documentation shows nothing changed
After the dish has been moved you will need to tune your IRD's to the coordinates and parameters listed below for the new Galaxy 17/K16 feed:

Uplink Freq.: 14315 H

Downlink Freq.: 12015 V

FEC: ¾

Symbol Rate: 19532000

Data Rate: 27000000

Makes no sense to me either... 'bout went outside to make sure my dish at 91 was OK! Says so right on the slate now:
Downlink: 12010V Data Rate: 16.000 Symbol Rate: 11.57446 FEC: 3/4
Edit:
No slate right now... a feed just started.

lets confuse people even more
The 1st channel shows the slate you just posted (with the new info)
The 2nd channel shows the slat with the OLD info (the stuff in post 1)

lets confuse people even more
The 1st channel shows the slate you just posted (with the new info)
The 2nd channel shows the slat with the OLD info (the stuff in post 1)
Yeah, I just noticed that too! :eek: But there is no signal at the location on the 2nd channel (least not when I checked a lil' while ago.....)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)