Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
ABCNewsNow and the other 2 feeds channels on 89W are moving soon

Starting 12/8 they are moving to
G17 (91W)
V

per the news release

On Thursday, December 8, we will begin a one-week period when we will provide our full NewsOne services on both the current satellite (Galaxy 28) and the new satellite (Galaxy 17). This will give you time to move your dish to Galaxy 17 at your convenience.

On Wednesday, December 14, we will stop sending the NewsOne services to Galaxy 28 and will then only be transmitting on Galaxy 17. You will need to have your dish turned to Galaxy 17 and tuned properly to receive NewsOne services after that time.

After the dish has been moved you will need to tune your IRD's to the coordinates and parameters listed below for the new Galaxy 17/K16 feed:
Downlink Freq.: 12010 V
Symbol Rate: 11575

NewsOne Dish Move Information | ABC NewsOne

Last edited:
Don't they know that it's winter around here and cold outside and this is not the time of year to be adding a LNBF or moving a dish. Someone should call them... I elect Iceberg

Don't they know that it's winter around here and cold outside and this is not the time of year to be adding a LNBF or moving a dish. Someone should call them... I elect Iceberg

here is why ;)

This is due to the fact that our existing lease on Galaxy 28 is set to expire at the end of 2011.

Thanks for the heads up.

I have a lot of tree's so now I have my C on G17 my KU on SES2/PBS and I have an old roof antenna on a basketball poll with a power booster set just to pick up MeTV/ThisTV. Its time to check out the KU side of my DMX741 : )

Thanks Ice. It will be good to have something permanent (or as "permanent" as anything FTA can be considered!) on 91 for aiming purposes.

I agree....right now I use a data feed (11855 V 5000) to aim at 91W...this will be nice to actually scan something in :)

So why didn't they just sign a new lease in the same place? Is Galaxy 17 less expensive?

The cost of the bandwidth is based on many factors:
Supply and Demand
Uplinker or platform owner marketing strategy
Footprint
Priority

For example, a satellite might demand a premium if it is nearing capacity, cross platform, increase output or efficiency, frequently booked or a link budget provides a high priority in case of overbooking, platform failure or interference. Cost might be reduced if the satellite is in a declined orbit, new position without tenants, unpopular due to orbital position or footprint coverage.

We have often observed a 50% cost variance between identical satellites separated by less than 15 degrees.

Where is it? I am trying to pull it in right now but I can't find it!:eek:

On Thursday, December 8, we will begin a one-week period when we will provide our full NewsOne services on both the current satellite (Galaxy 28) and the new satellite (Galaxy 17). This will give you time to move your dish to Galaxy 17 at your convenience.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)