ACC Network

Oh yeah when Ohio State plays Rutgers or Illinois that's an easy one for them to put on BTN. Since they've expanded the number of night games in the Big Ten lately sometimes they'll put it on BTN so they can have a third 7/8 pm game since Fox has contracts with two other conferences.

But I guess ACCN will show some 'better' games at first to try to get angry customers to call and force carriage, ESPN did the same with SECN at first. Maybe BTN did that at first too it was 12 years ago so I don't really remember.

Do you not remember the first football game on BTN? App State beating Michigan! Jimbo should remember that.

Where is the channel ?? (DirecTV)
I checked 612 says not available

Usually channels launch 0600 EST like bet west the other month

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have a bad feeling about this. If whatever button pusher and his empty suit boss is so incompetent as to botch the launch of the most significant new sports channel, and a major selling point over other providers, it shows a level of "not my job" and basic indifference that is hard to fathom.

Not exactly the same, but DirecTV botched the launch of SECN, failing to understand that the alt channel is not like the alts on the pro networks, for games blacked out locally, but everyone was supposed to get both feeds. Took them two weeks to fix it.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Do you not remember the first football game on BTN? App State beating Michigan! Jimbo should remember that.

Not talking about the first game, but whether they used big conference matchups that would normally be a marquee game to help push the network like ESPN did with SECN and plan to do with ACCN.

I suppose they didn't, because back then the B1G's only contract was with ABC/ESPN, who had their pick of games. BTN had the leftovers, so there wasn't any opportunity for them to put OSU/PSU or Wisconsin/Iowa on BTN to help push lagging providers to pick it up. They didn't split their tier 1/2 games with Fox until the new contract started a couple years ago.

Not talking about the first game, but whether they used big conference matchups that would normally be a marquee game to help push the network like ESPN did with SECN and plan to do with ACCN.

I suppose they didn't, because back then the B1G's only contract was with ABC/ESPN, who had their pick of games. BTN had the leftovers, so there wasn't any opportunity for them to put OSU/PSU or Wisconsin/Iowa on BTN to help push lagging providers to pick it up. They didn't split their tier 1/2 games with Fox until the new contract started a couple years ago.

But the first game was still with Michigan, who is awful but still extremely popular. You're not going to find Ohio State vs Michigan on BTN. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Duke-Carolina basketball games ended up on ACCN though.

Let's not do B1G. That's dumb. It's the Big 10.

I agree with the post about not being there at 6am ET - usually they are. Spectrum had the channel in their lineup yesterday. ACC Network is showing logos of the teams and stuff like that as filler until the launch, why not show us that just to let us know "yes, it's coming." Now, we're in the dark. That's the AT&T way.

I spoke to someone on chat, so take that where it came from, but they said it will be live at 6pm ET so the launch will not be missed at 7.

What on earth does that have to do what I posted? That has nothing to do with ACC Network on Directv. My post is meaning that Directv will have channel 612 active at 6:00pm according to a chat person who claims to have spoke to someone who knows that. We will see 1 hour of the countdown and then the actual launch on the actual ACC Network on channel 612.

Reactions: dtv757
Acc. Now showing a splash screen DirecTV 612
20190822_180238.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: whitewolf8214
7:05 ....
Channel 612 shows a To add this channel text click or call ....
What package is required ?
I have the Ultimate package, 1 short of everything.

I'm trying a rbr to see if that helps any.

7:05 ....
Channel 612 shows a To add this channel text click or call ....
What package is required ?
I have the Ultimate package, 1 short of everything.

I'm trying a rbr to see if that helps any.
Well, the RBR that the screen mentioned, didn't help.
Still nothing.

So I'm guessing it's a specific market area or sports pack only? Why would it not be like the SEC network and just be included in packages? If that's the case what a terrible deal

I have Xtra and Sports Pack and I have ACCN. I hope it's not just Sports Pack, that is terrible for them. Ok for me personally, but not most. I am also in an ACC market, due to Boston College and my receiver is "moved" to the Boston market if that matters at all.