"Active" button turning on by itself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejc914

Original poster
Aug 5, 2011
Portland
When watching tv the channel will switch to the "active" button screen. It happens at random times.You can hit the guide button and put the channel back to what you were watching, sometimes it will stay, alot of the time it will go right back to the active channel. I've pushed the reset button also unplugged receiver for 15 minutes. I contacted Direct tv and they told me to do the same thing. I know other people have this problem because I have read about it on other forums. I just have not seen anyone with a solution. Has anyone ran across this problem before, if so, do you have any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

That's weird, I've not heard about it before.

I too have not heard of that one yet ....
I would suggest trying a different remote, also look to se if your remote could be dirty, causing thebutton to stick.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Remote

I have tried a different remote and also blew this remote out with air.The channel will also change with the batteries out of the remote.

What's the active button? No seriously I got so sick of accidentally hitting it when going for Pause or Guide and interrupting what I was watching (it dumps the DVR live buffer too) that I took a screwdriver and ripped the button out of all my remotes. One of the most useless features to ever get a dedicated button.

Status
Please reply by conversation.