Linkbox actually "Linkbox" set up

MAA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
Oklahoma, USA
Need help setting up Linkbox 9000i local
I can't figure out where to go to set the USALS. First screen choices CHANNELS, INSTALLATION, SYSTEM, TOOLS, VOD/IPTV. I go for installation, then "SATELLITE SETUP" and "TERRESTRIAL SETUP" I go to satellite set up - get Satellite List highlighted in yellow- everything below is gray and unclickable

Thanks Titanium, I go to sat list, click OK for first sat and it checks it, below the options are Edit, Add and Delete. If I click edit it gives me the option to CAPS, Del, Ok, and Cancel. If I choose "Add" it comes up with a place to add another sat. I have not hit Delete.

Scroll to the satellite(s) you want to have active and press OK on the remote. A check mark will appear in the box on the right. Now this satellite is active and available to be programmed. Activate all of the satellites that you want to set-up.

No need to delete, edit or add any satellite at this time.

After activating the satellites, press Exit one time to return to the installation menu. Now you can select Antenna Set up to program each satellite.

Reactions: KE4EST
Thank you, thank you! I did as you instructed. I picked some sats and went to the setup. Some came up with Dispro lnb so I disabled the USALS. Long story short the motor did not move during scan, but I found DiSEqC1.2 and in there are the settings that my book say is in USALS. Gal 3C is my due south sat. but it shows sat intensity 49% quality 10%. Do I leave it here and tweek from outside to try and get better signal? Will the motor move after I get the first sat. set with a good signal?

Thank you, thank you! I did as you instructed. I picked some sats and went to the setup. Some came up with Dispro lnb so I disabled the USALS. Long story short the motor did not move during scan, but I found DiSEqC1.2 and in there are the settings that my book say is in USALS. Gal 3C is my due south sat. but it shows sat intensity 49% quality 10%. Do I leave it here and tweek from outside to try and get better signal? Will the motor move after I get the first sat. set with a good signal?

Did you input your location in the USALS settings and I found it useful to reset the motor to clear all previous locations then its set in the 0 position

Change the motor type to USALS and press OK to display the Longitude and Latitude entry menu. Be sure to enter your latitude as North and Longitude as West then save.

Signal Level of 49% and Signal Quality of 0% means one or all of these:
1. The dish is not aimed at the target satellite.
2. The LNB type and LO is not properly set.
3. An active transponder is not selected on the target satellite.
4. The LNB Skew is not correct.

Reactions: kittyhas1000legs
(do not know why this is in bold. I have tried to put it back.) Anyway, I clicked on GO To X and was given numbers to choose from. Confused, so I backed out.
I know the motor is at zero because it has never moved after I put the dish on it. I did make sure the top bolt and nut were not tight. I think I am going to have to tweak my dish outside, but that will have to wait till tomorrow.
Thank you so much for all your help. I will get back on this tomorrow afternoon and hope you are still willing and available then to help me finish this setup. Thanks again for your help.MAA

Need help setting up Linkbox 9000i local
I can't figure out where to go to set the USALS. First screen choices CHANNELS, INSTALLATION, SYSTEM, TOOLS, VOD/IPTV. I go for installation, then "SATELLITE SETUP" and "TERRESTRIAL SETUP" I go to satellite set up - get Satellite List highlighted in yellow- everything below is gray and unclickable

MAA, did you see the link I put up for you over at Ricks?

https://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/post/need-help-setting-up-linkbox-10105027?pid=1308267650

Hi Zack!, Yes I just saw it. Thank you! I was not able to get back yesterday, life happens, things come up,ya know. Anyway, I'm back today and hope I will be able to get this baby set up. I so appreciate all the help I have gotten. You guys are Great.

Thanks for everyone's help! I rechecked everything, decided maybe the LNB was not correct so put my maveric on, took off the sat finder and plugged it all back up and had 98% and 86% on Gal 3c. I am doing a blind scan right now and at 3% I have 110 TV and 38 radio none of which looks English, but I am too busy doing my happy dance :cheer to worry about it.You guys are Great! Thanks!:clapping

Thanks for everyone's help! I rechecked everything, decided maybe the LNB was not correct so put my maveric on, took off the sat finder and plugged it all back up and had 98% and 86% on Gal 3c. I am doing a blind scan right now and at 3% I have 110 TV and 38 radio none of which looks English, but I am too busy doing my happy dance :cheer to worry about it.You guys are Great! Thanks!:clapping

That's a good start! When it's done scanning in all the channels, consider figuring out which channel is the weakest one. Then adjust your lnb in/out, slight twist a bit to get the signal and quality level as high as you can. Once that's done, you can consider if the dish has to be adjusted a bit up or down, or side to side a hair. I stress a HAIR!

I am at 21% and see a few things that failed. Example, on Echo there are some OK and some failed. I told it to only look for FTA so I don't expect them to be not FTA. Does this just happen or does it mean I still don't have everything set up right?

I don't think the dish is aimed correctly. Galaxy 3c KU does not have 110 TV and 38 Radio channels. Likely the dish was panned a little further west when you performed the scan. Satellite receivers program channels on the satellite you have selected, right or wrong.

Are you using USALS motor control mode?

What are the names and displayed (Frequency/Polarity/Symbol Rate) of one or two of the channels that are coming in after the Galaxy3c KU-band Blind Scan?

I wouldn't bother with any of the Echo satellites as most if not all channels are either encrypted or in a format that your receiver does not support.

Reactions: KE4EST
Thanks, Mike. You answered my last question before I got it posted. It looks like a lot of fails are popping up. I wasn't sure which sats on the list were not FTA, but I figured all the ones with a big C after were C band so didn't add them. I bet I have several sats checked that just aren't anything that will come in anyway.

Thanks Titanium! Your right, I'm not quite there yet. I did a blind scan. I have a total of 223 channels. The sats it scanned are gal 3c-ku,(CCTV 11780/H/20760 PID:519/720/135). Nimiq 6 (TX Primary 12673/H/6111) ,Galaxy 17-ku (N1 CH4 12010/v/133333) , Galaxy 28, SES 2 -ku, (the SES 2-ku are PBS type shows) Galaxy 19 ku (3ABN and many more channels. Echo 9 but low signal and though it shows channels the signal is too low. AMC 1-ku, is comming in good. Galaxy 16 ku 4 radio channels (don't know the language) and two TV channels.

I must not have it set perfectly because the sats that come in are around 98% level and Mid 80's % Quality, but the others example Galaxy 28-Ku Channel DCI Bloom (11849/V/4649 PID: 512/4112/8190) gives all that info, but Level is 49% and Quality is 10% so the channel DCi 2 Bloom will not come in.

We had storms with high winds here. My satellite poles are secure, but I must not have tightened the bolts that attach the motor to the pole as tight as it needed. Even so I did a blind scan and I think I recovered all the channels I want to keep although my receiver has the few channels on G3 are showing up as Gal. 19 97W and Amazing Discoveries is on Gal. 16 99W. I think I will leave it be until all the bad weather is over and not risk messing the whole thing up.

I do have another question. I am having trouble trying to get my wifi/serverup to work. I have Amazon fire stix, but it is contrary and takes forever to lock it down. I was hoping to get my wifi working and download the Philo app. my local news and weather app. My wifi is at 98%, but when I go to tools upgrade(which I think is what I do to connect the wifi to server???) by network and hit OK, it fails every time. With google search I have seen the 8282 and F2, but nothing happens with that.
Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

I am getting no response so I am guessing I stumbled into the "not legal" part of satellite TV. I bought linkbox because I thought you couldn't get the illegal programming on it. I don't know enough about all this to know what is ok and where not to go. I figured if you pay for programming, for example, PhiIo and the local weather app which is advertised on the local weather channel as a free app would be legal. Please, guys, I would appreciate feedback if I start going down the wrong road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts