Linkbox actually "Linkbox" set up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
More likely that users typically don't use WiFi for streaming (using LAN instead) or only a few members have that model of STB. Any suggestion from the reseller of the STB on the WiFi activation?

Nothing illegal with receiving a subscription IPTV service on a FTA STB, but it is likely that very few hobbyists are doing this.

I wasn't aware that Linkbox had Philo and weather apps. Thought that it only could use the IPTV lists service supported by Linkbox? As I recall, LegalFreeToAir had an updated IPTV list many months ago after asking Linkbox to provide an update. Not sure what their commitment to continuing to support IPTV as the Linkbox is reaching EOL.

Reactions: primestar31
Titanium, Thanks for the response. I don't know if linkbox has anything online. I was expecting it to go online and there would be a browser to go to the internet where I could download my local weather app and Philo. I mean, why the wifi ability if you can't use it? Philo has a limited number of shows that includes my favorites. I hate paying over a hundred channels and there is less than 10 that my husband and I watch. I would like to simplify and get my satellite programs as well as local news and weather and my Walking Dead, Hallmark movies and AHC without having to switch remotes and switch back and forth from Linkbox to Amazon to Fire stix to regular TV.
PS: what is "LAN"

Warning: Expectations often do not accurately reflect reality... :)

Yes, you will probably need to switch HDMI inputs on the TV remote between the Firestick and the Linkbox. I am certain that the Firestick will provide a superior IPTV experience.

LAN (Local Area Network) the hardwired RJ-45 ethernet cable that connects to your modem or router.

Where did you buy the Linkbox? Did the seller assist with your questions?

Warning: Expectations often do not accurately reflect reality... :)

Yes, you will probably need to switch HDMI inputs on the TV remote between the Firestick and the Linkbox. I am certain that the Firestick will provide a superior IPTV experience.

LAN (Local Area Network) the hardwired RJ-45 ethernet cable that connects to your modem or router.

Where did you buy the Linkbox? Did the seller assist with your questions?

Sorry, Titanium, I actually missed this last response. Thanks for LAN definition. My TV is in one room and the computer set up in another. A direct connection would probably be a lot better than wifi. I bought my receiver from Rick's. I do not know where to go to get "IPTV lists service supported by Linkbox" and grew tired of looking for it. I believe you are right, keep Firestix and use my receiver just for watching satellite. Thanks for all your help.

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts