Actuator Sensor Types

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My setup has some details to it... I mounted the arm on the east side of the dish for maintenance reasons. I also am able to retract the actuator so the dish is almost Pointing at the horizon - this allows me to reach the feed assembly if needed. I want to be able to extend to 137w. I am not sure if I can with my actuator length and current settings.

More important is....
Will the Arm hit any part of the Mount when extending that far?
Is the Arm strong enough to Pull the Dish back up?

Usually you retract the Arm all the way, Drive it out an Inch or so, then slide Arm to your lowest Sat.

I mounted the arm on the east side of the dish for maintenance reasons. I also am able to retract the actuator so the dish is almost Pointing at the horizon - this allows me to reach the feed assembly if needed. I want to be able to extend to 137w. I am not sure if I can with my actuator length and current settings.

I would almost bet that if you're pointing way down in the East direction you're not going to be able to get to 137W! I can't go but 102 degrees from the other direction and then I run out of room between the arm and the back of the polar mount. Moving those points out to gain clearance will only shorten dish travel so it's a catch 22 type thingie.

So if you've got to have the dish low looking East, you're going to be limited on how far back West you can go and I'd guess that around 110W or so will be about it.

Don't know if a longer actuator would help or not as my 24" VonWeise isn't out of stroke when it hits mechanical limits of the polar mount. Here's a couple of pics of my dish at both ends of travel. The one looking left is on 37W and the other looking right is on 139W. If I go much further East with it the stud on the declination adjustment, which I already cut off BTW, will hit the actuator.

travel1.jpgtravel2.jpg

My mount does not look much different than yours. I don't see how my actuator is going to hit anything. I might not be able to tell without trying it. I hooked my sensor wires up and when moving the actuator my gbox gives an e2 error about half the time. I am going to put a meter on it and check for continuity.

Status
Please reply by conversation.