adding direct for nfl ticket?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
so my dad wants to do this because apparently a friend does it, but not sure about the price. what he wants to do is get the dish installed with 1 receiver during football season. after football season, he would like to cancel then turn it on again the next year during football season. will this end up being too expensive, because of many cancellation fees?

It would be very expensive if you cancel but you can put your account on hold during most of the off season for nothing (i think nothing).

If you do your own dish and buy a receiver, you might be able to get a cheap package that you could suspend. Otherwise, you're into an 18 month agreement for the hardware and installation and I'm not convinced that you can suspend one of those. You'll need to ask DIRECTV that question as I think the rules changed with leasing.

try to get your own dish and receiver so you're not tangled up with a contract. then after nfl season just suspend the acct as stated above

ok, will do. are there any private vendors that will install the dish for me?

ok, will do. are there any private vendors that will install the dish for me?

look for a retailer in your area on D's website. visit them. they probably will help you.

I cannot believe all you guy's are forgetting that he is tied to a contract when he activates a rec. weather he buy's one out right or gets it from D* or leases one from CC/ BB.
He's still into a contract of at least 1 year depending on the rec. more than likely he's wanting to go HD, so now your into a 24 month commitment.

Jimbo

You can't start a new account with a used receiver. New receivers are leased with a minimum 18 mo. contract. Programming Commitment: " The programming package(s) must be maintained for a period of not less than (a) eighteen (18) consecutive months"etc. The contract is on the website if you would like to read it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)