AL Central 2010

I heard the Bartlett homer in the car on XM with the Rays announcers, they went just as nuts as Hawk does in that situation.

Thats different...thats the HOME announcers. When Kubel hit a grand slam off Rivera in Yankee Stadium, Dick Bremer almost had a cardiac ;)

But to say nothing when a visitor does something is a shame for broadcasting.

Dick (and Bert) are obviously Twins employees and it is easy to tell that on a broadcast. It's fine for it to be that way with any home team announcing crew. They are, however, baseball fans first. They show great appreciation for good play by anyone, and I appreciate that.

Maybe Hawk the Twins/Sox rivalry makes Hawk more disparaging about the Twins (my experience in listening to him is mostly limited to Twins games), but I don't hear him willingly saying complimentary things about opponents. He doesn't seem to appreciate the game the way most other announcers do. If he does, his acerbic style hides it well.

Dick (and Bert) are obviously Twins employees and it is easy to tell that on a broadcast. It's fine for it to be that way with any home team announcing crew. They are, however, baseball fans first. They show great appreciation for good play by anyone, and I appreciate that.

Maybe Hawk the Twins/Sox rivalry makes Hawk more disparaging about the Twins (my experience in listening to him is mostly limited to Twins games), but I don't hear him willingly saying complimentary things about opponents. He doesn't seem to appreciate the game the way most other announcers do. If he does, his acerbic style hides it well.

Then you really must not be listening very much to him. Hawk consistently calls Gardenhire one of the top 2-3 managers in baseball, compliments the Twins on their abilty to stay at the top of the division every year and absloutely is in love with Mauer & Morneau. And I really don't get your last line. People don't like him because he's to over the top. That he talks too much about his 50 years in baseball and his history with the game. To say he doesn't appreciate the game, never heard that before.

That he appreciates the White Sox game, I have no doubt. I can even appreciate that. It has always seemed to me that, whenever I hear him (and I admittedly avoid it if possible), he is saying something derogatory about the other team. I'm glad you have heard the compliments.

Sox & Twins both lose. Twins to walk off HR, Sox in 10 on a base hit. Thome robbed of a HR in top of 9th, but the 2 runs still scored to tie it.

yeah the Twins game was weird. That was a home run...it disappeared behind the yellow (home run) line then bounces back

And is there a rule that if you come out of the dugout after a replay you're gone? Gardy came out to argue and they never threw him out but he left the dugout.

I predict the Tigers win 1 game a week the rest of the way ......
Maybe two if they are REAL lucky ... unless Ordonez gets back quicker than thought and comes back smokin.

That would be only 9 more wins, could THAT be possible ?

That would give them only 62 Wins, I'm thinking thats a bit low, but not by much.
They will be lucky to win 70.

Here's a REAL problem with the Tigers.
Angels have man on 2nd with 2 outs and the pitcher is told to "Pitch Around " the next guy ..... it's the 1st inning

Now he Un intentionally walks a guy and the bases are LOADED.

WEEI's Dennis and Callahan to be simulcast live on NESN

Don't look now, but Steve Lavin is making St. John's relevant again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts