AL Central Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't rely on someone else helping us, nor should we. If we don't win the next seven (7) games at home then we deserve to watch the playoffs on TV.

I would not expect them to win all 7 games left at home.

They have 13 games left .... 10-3 should win it.

White Sox have 7 tough games left, 3 with LA Angels starting tonight and 4 with Tampa Bay.

TB is still in the thick of the playoff race provided they keep winning.

That sucks...this is going to put more stress on the starting pitching, and I'm not sure we can count on Max to return with a couple days off.

Actually, it gives Max a few more days, doesn't it ?

chances of sweeping a DH is slim in the majority of situations, but it CAN happen, then again, if WE get swept on Sunday, it's pretty much over.

Were gonna see how many players we really have down the stretch.

Tigers pick up half a game, sox give the tigers that small bit of hope to catch them. Double header now for the Tigers on Sunday

Tigers play the earlier game (4 pm ) today, Sox play late, Tigers need to WIN this game and put more pressure on the Sox tonight.

If Tigers would win and the Sox would know that they could only be up by a 1/2 at the end of the game.

Tigers play the earlier game (4 pm ) today, Sox play late, Tigers need to WIN this game and put more pressure on the Sox tonight.

If Tigers would win and the Sox would know that they could only be up by a 1/2 at the end of the game.

Tigers just need to win and not worry what the Sox are doing. Also, I would like to see Miggy hit 3 or 4 HRs over the weekend and start laying his claim to the Triple Crown. :)

Tigers just need to win and not worry what the Sox are doing. Also, I would like to see Miggy hit 3 or 4 HRs over the weekend and start laying his claim to the Triple Crown. :)

The Cabrera / Trout comparisons is really easy to decide if the voters simply looked at what the two players have done down the stretch to help thier team...

August/Sept

Cabrera is batting .360 with 16 homers and 45 RBIs in 44 games

Trout had an OK August (.284, seven homers and 19 RBIs), but he's darn near disappeared in September (.257, two homers, three RBIs)

Very good article in the Detroit News about this a few days ago:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...ettle-Miguel-Cabrera-vs-Mike-Trout-MVP-debate

The Cabrera / Trout comparisons is really easy to decide if the voters simply looked at what the two players have done down the stretch to help thier team...

August/Sept

Cabrera is batting .360 with 16 homers and 45 RBIs in 44 games

Trout had an OK August (.284, seven homers and 19 RBIs), but he's darn near disappeared in September (.257, two homers, three RBIs)

Very good article in the Detroit News about this a few days ago:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...ettle-Miguel-Cabrera-vs-Mike-Trout-MVP-debate

Yep, but the stats don't matter because Trout is the media darling. The only way Migs wins MVP is to also win the Triple Crown and get the Tigers into the postseason.

Yep, but the stats don't matter because Trout is the media darling. The only way Migs wins MVP is to also win the Triple Crown and get the Tigers into the postseason.

Why should Trout be able to Back in to the MVP award when his team won't make the playoffs either and he has hit a whopping .257 down the stretch...

Why should Trout be able to Back in to the MVP award when his team won't make the playoffs either and he has hit a whopping .257 down the stretch...

Because the media and many in the baseball world are treating Trout like the Sidney Crosby of MLB. They highlight his stolen base numbers and center field play, while downplaying Cabrera's offensive accomplishments (e.g., they will say Trout's hitting stats were comparable to Cabrera's (he was at or near the leaders), with Cabrera not in the same zipcode with Trout's other stats. The sad part is Cabrara's stats are 3B this years are pretty darn good!!! I don't like it either, but I don't think Cabrera wins MVP without winning the Triple Crown and making the playoffs. We shall see.

Because the media and many in the baseball world are treating Trout like the Sidney Crosby of MLB. They highlight his stolen base numbers and center field play, while downplaying Cabrera's offensive accomplishments (e.g., they will say Trout's hitting stats were comparable to Cabrera's (he was at or near the leaders), with Cabrera not in the same zipcode with Trout's other stats. The sad part is Cabrara's stats are 3B this years are pretty darn good!!! I don't like it either, but I don't think Cabrera wins MVP without winning the Triple Crown and making the playoffs. We shall see.

In that article I posted earlier, it addressed Cabrera's D and ... what do you know, he's NOT as BAD as all the prognosticaters thought he'd be.
He's 6th for 3b defensively, thats not bad.

In that article I posted earlier, it addressed Cabrera's D and ... what do you know, he's NOT as BAD as all the prognosticaters thought he'd be.
He's 6th for 3b defensively, thats not bad.

Yep, after listening to the ESPN brew-crew lambaste the Tigers defense and lack of base-running prowess, people who don't know any better get an mental image of Cabrera sitting on a lounge chair watching ground balls dribble past him into the outfield. Meanwhile, they paint a mental picture of Trout running circles around Ty Cobb and Rickey Henderson on the base paths and fielding fly balls while running with Willie Mays on his shoulders.

Let's just hope the real baseball experts will see past these shameless promotions.

Yep, after listening to the ESPN brew-crew lambaste the Tigers defense and lack of base-running prowess, people who don't know any better get an mental image of Cabrera sitting on a lounge chair watching ground balls dribble past him into the outfield. Meanwhile, they paint a mental picture of Trout running circles around Ty Cobb and Rickey Henderson on the base paths and fielding fly balls while running with Willie Mays on his shoulders.

Let's just hope the real baseball experts will see past these shameless promotions.

Personally Austin Jackson is every bit as good, if not better than Trout in the field.

I would take AJ ahead of Trout if I were starting a team, defensively.

Wow you can miss a lot in ten minutes I turn it to the state game tigers up 2-0 now 7-0

Will be catching a bit of the sox game on MLB tv tonight, Tigers have mastered the art of driving me crazy this year :)

satjay said:
Will be catching a bit of the sox game on MLB tv tonight, Tigers have mastered the art of driving me crazy this year :)

The White Sox are also on MLB Network tonight for those of you without MLB.tv. I will be watching on the MLB Network because it will be easier to switch between Notre Dame vs. Michigan and the Sox. Go Irish and go Halos!

The White Sox are also on MLB Network tonight for those of you without MLB.tv. I will be watching on the MLB Network because it will be easier to switch between Notre Dame vs. Michigan and the Sox. Go Irish and go Halos!

Good idea, will be using picture and picture tonight! you had me untill you said go Irish :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)