AlJezeera English debut?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crawfrdb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
Has anyone heard any rumors about what satellite/transponder the new English service of AlJazeera will debut on? I so hope it will appear in the clear on IA5/T5 or somewhere else over north america but who knows.

I read the Canadian government has authorized their distribution in Canada but with censoring (didn't CNN prohibit such conduct from governments who wanted to broadcast CNN their countries???.... I digress).

Seeing this channel in the clear would be the holy grail of FTA satellite channels for me. A fresh perspective is VERY LONG overdue.

Thanks.

If you want to see more of it and see it somewhat in English rent the movie Control Room. I wouldn't say it's anti or pro anything but is more middle. Jokes are made against either side.

juan said:

It says nothing of abandonment. Just discussion of challenges to overcome.

If they're smart, they'll be as brasen as CNN was the first year it was on the air and just do their job. If they start in the clear on satellite, so many people will be buying/installing FTA systems at home that cable and DBS services will follow.

If there is anything left of the first amendment in this country, they will succeed in bringing their service to north america.

crawfrdb said:
It says nothing of abandonment. Just discussion of challenges to overcome.

If they're smart, they'll be as brasen as CNN was the first year it was on the air and just do their job. If they start in the clear on satellite, so many people will be buying/installing FTA systems at home that cable and DBS services will follow.

If there is anything left of the first amendment in this country, they will succeed in bringing their service to north america.
nobody wants it

I do. I realize that what they say could possibly be propagander, but I know everything we have here is. Besides, there is nothing wrong with a second opinion. Is there?

Al

Edit: Or are you talking about the First Bill in the "Bill of Rights"? I sincerely hope you're not saying nobody wants it?

Last edited:
voomvoom said:
I do. I realize that what they say could possibly be propagander, but I know everything we have here is. Besides, there is nothing wrong with a second opinion. Is there?

Al

Edit: Or are you talking about the First Bill in the "Bill of Rights"? I sincerely hope you're not saying nobody wants it?
I was reffering the fact that no major satellite/cable operator wants to carry it..nothing to do with the first admendment

crawfrdb said:
Has anyone heard any rumors about what satellite/transponder the new English service of AlJazeera will debut on? I so hope it will appear in the clear on IA5/T5 or somewhere else over north america but who knows.

I read the Canadian government has authorized their distribution in Canada but with censoring (didn't CNN prohibit such conduct from governments who wanted to broadcast CNN their countries???.... I digress).

Seeing this channel in the clear would be the holy grail of FTA satellite channels for me. A fresh perspective is VERY LONG overdue.

Thanks.

Not to be disrespectful , but who cares ?

Wyr

Who cares if it has propaganda, or if its junk or good, or what not, one more channel on FTA and anything that'll push more money into FTA equipment and competition is good.

You think I watch the Christian channels? Or the Koran channels? Nope, but...my local FTA dealer says that super ultra religious customers are 80% of his business, the rest are all the ethnic people, and maybe 1% are us FTA enthusiasts.

Well said we are here to talk about FTA satellite, who cares about the content of the channel!

Hi:

I'm a news junky. I catch 'Globe and Mail', Fox, CNN and MSNBC over the computer. On TV I watch 'Russia Today'. It would be nice to see an English language newscast of what the Arabs think.

cheers
Bryce

I am anxious to view IA5, as years ago I loved to listen to the news from Radio Moscow (Cold War years) and all the prop. from the Eastern Block countries on shortwave radio. I loved to hear Cuba and how they had defeated us, and Moscow broadcast had they had defeated us all along. It is almost entertaining at times. But, that is not to say that we don't do our own fair share of propaganda :)

I saw that! That video is AWESOME! My wife works with a guy that is from Saudi Arabia, and has only been in the US about 5 years. He is a hoot! He speaks with a heavy accent, and does not fully understand english and meanings of some words. So he tries to be "hip" and is is great! To hear him swear I about die laughing :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts